I says I will have a " cursory" look

All I saw.............Indoor Fan not running
    Red neon flashes twice
    Its a Cassette system

Thats all I gathered.........before I left

Maybe some members might know of this brand

Any clues appreciated

Re: Blue Crown

Dunno, Mate. As far as I knew until recently, a Blue Crown is a breed of parrot!

Seriously, it sounds like either an obscure far eastern import or a badged import (probably Chinese).

One of our Chinese posters may recognise the brand, alternatively, why not look in the importer's section of the RAC Yearbook. They have a list of unknown brands by importer.

Good Luck.

________
    BMW 132 history
    Last edited by Argus; 07-02-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Blue Crown, is another name for Chigo. It used to be anybodys guess whether you got a system with the chigo badges or the blue crown badges.
    They are the same.

cheers

eggs

One of our Chinese posters may recognise the brand,
    Maybe not , I had a similar problem with an A/C called Gold , finally this was chinese made , but the name was special for lebanon , they import from the factory with any name they want ....

regards
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

Ok, this one has reared up its ugly head again, after constant badgering by the customer I reluctantly agreed to have another look.....

Only reason I did it is out of respect for the Old Man , for whom Ive done other types of work before, but not his AC

Anyway, its a Blue Crown, cassette..........Model Number KFR - 75 QW

R22 Capacity 2.6KW!!!

My lounge has a bigger AC then this !!!

There are two fitted in the restaurant, both have failed........

One is completely DEAD...........Nothing moves..........Red Light flashes twice

Second Unit flashes 8 Times..........Only works in cooling.........Is short of gas anyway.........Heating doesnt work

I open outdoor unit........No signal coming back from Indoor unit. So some prob in circuit board.......maybe thermistors, who knows

Because first system is locked out, maybe pump failure...but I cant think theres any water in tray

Remote is right real flimsy , dodgy thing.......

The units were put in by a Builder.........who had the job done by someone who puts in canopies.....

The installation is terrible..............The earth wires are not connected..........

Im inclined to rubbish the whole plant........

But before I do, at least I can say and tried to get some technical info on units...

I know its been said these are Chigo units.........but who the hell are they???

And..........customer deserves his pain..........Cos his got more Money then SENSE

Apparently this builder charged him 7 Grand for this piece of crap

It's not always true "what you pay is what you get "
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

I think there are some jobs that you just have to honest and say "I'm sorry, I know nothing about this equipment, it is presently unsafe and I am not going to work on it. I will not charge you anything for my time already spent and I would suggest that you do not waste any more of your money on them."

Other than that you have to insist on being paid first for several hours investigative time with no guarantee of success. Without cash or certified cheque in your hand do not start work.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

rbartlett Guest

me thinks this isn't your first visit to this site..

from the archives-

Aiyub11-09-2003, 07:51 PM
    Would any member know of this air conditioner

Make
    Blue Crown
    Type
    Cassette
    Model Number KFR 75QW

It is single phase
    Looks like a Chinese Make

Would like to know its capacity , also who markets it?? in the UK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuart11-09-2003, 09:23 PM
    Have had some dealings with blue crown.

Is that a high wall unit?

yes-They are chinese

Think they have a web site but not sure about the web address.

Will get back to you on that one.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiyub12-09-2003, 12:24 AM
    thx stuart
    i look fwd to details

Because first system is locked out, maybe pump failure...but I cant think theres any water in tray

Could it be the drain pan clogged with algae that activated the float switch?

No it isnt first time, but its the first time I took cover off and had a look.

To be frank I dont really want to get involved as I did not put system in, and in the absence of technical manuals Im working blind.

But, its an odd one, cos of the past relationship with customer, I cannot dismiss his constant nagging and sent him away.

Its a " culture" thing.......

To be frank
    There can't be two of us Abe

And I cant just believe what Marc says that Blue Crown comes anywhere near a Daikin.......

From what I saw, it looks pretty mediocre

two??? Frank ??

Geez...............Theres more then two !!!
    Dont nobody say they learn nothing here!!!

Well, we cant talk shop all the time!!!

--------------------------------------

Frank

member of ancient Germanic peoples: a member of any of several Germanic peoples who originally lived along the Rhine valley, and spread westward during the decline of the Roman Empire in the 4th century a.d.
    They conquered vast areas of western Europe, taking over Gaul and becoming the dominant people in an area covering much of present-day western Germany.

[Old English Franca . Later reinforced by French Franc and medieval Latin Francus (source of English franc and frank1), from the same prehistoric Germanic ancestor.]
    Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    frank1

frank [frangk]

1. expressing true opinion: open, honest, and sometimes forceful in expressing true feelings and opinions
    2. open and blunt: allowing people’s true feelings and opinions to be openly and often bluntly stated
    3. pleasingly honest: having or showing an appealingly open and honest nature
    a frank manner that won her many friends

4. undisguised: openly expressed, and so not concealed or disguised
    regarded him with frank loathing

vt (past franked, past participle franked, present participle frank·ing, 3rd person present singular franks) mail
    1. print mark over stamp: to print an official mark over the stamp on a letter or package to show that payment has been formally accepted
    2. print mark to show postage paid: to print a mark on a piece of mail, instead of using a postage stamp, to show that postage has been paid or that there is no postage charge

n (plural franks) mail
    1. official mark on piece of mail: an official mark printed on a piece of mail to show that postage has been paid or that postage is free of charge
    2. right to free mail delivery: the right to have mailed items delivered free of charge

[14th century. Via French , “free, generous, candid” from medieval Latin francus “Frank, free” (see Frank); from the granting of full political freedom in Gaul only to the Franks.]

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    frank1

frank [frangk]
    adj (comparative franker, superlative frank·est)
    1. expressing true opinion: open, honest, and sometimes forceful in expressing true feelings and opinions
    2. open and blunt: allowing people’s true feelings and opinions to be openly and often bluntly stated
    3. pleasingly honest: having or showing an appealingly open and honest nature
    a frank manner that won her many friends

4. undisguised: openly expressed, and so not concealed or disguised
    regarded him with frank loathing

n (plural franks) mail
    1. official mark on piece of mail: an official mark printed on a piece of mail to show that postage has been paid or that postage is free of charge

[14th century. Via French , “free, generous, candid” from medieval Latin francus “Frank, free” (see Frank); from the granting of full political freedom in Gaul only to the Franks.]

-frank·ness, n

rbartlett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyub
    And I cant just believe what Marc says that Blue Crown comes anywhere near a Daikin.......

From what I saw, it looks pretty mediocre

Can't believe you didn't notice abe...

cheers

richard
    Attached Images Attached Images

who did those brilliant terminations on that terminal block? looks good

Stan.

Are u still around????????????????????????
    Heyy , good to see you again.

and Richard...........the only clown in the pic is me!!!
    I look terrible........I blame the Kodak camera
    I must have had a bad hair day
    But we had loads of fun on that job!! Well , I only looked and admired.....

It was all your work Stan.............but Marc's artistry and magic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK
    I think there are some jobs that you just have to honest and say "I'm sorry, I know nothing about this equipment, it is presently unsafe and I am not going to work on it. I will not charge you anything for my time already spent and I would suggest that you do not waste any more of your money on them."

Other than that you have to insist on being paid first for several hours investigative time with no guarantee of success. Without cash or certified cheque in your hand do not start work.

Brian

You finally making me think.........and what you say is good advice

Thx

Blue Crown is from Louth in Lincolnshire it is from China and is cheap and cheerful.

Finally a mate located the dealerrrrrr , welcome to the forum Tricky

Hi there,

im new to this site as a registered userbut often look in see whats being talked about,

i saw you asking about blue crown

heres the information i have i hope it helps

wayne thompson is the accounts manager
    tel number is (mobile) 07786 062525

www.bluecrownair.com is web site.

the company is based in Louth lincolnshire.

Thank you Dave J

Much appreciated

Abe

rbartlett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marc O'Brien
    I like my Blue Crown, thank you very much.

Well, as the reigning Transvaal (Northen reigon all comers) Blue Crown LED fault diagnosing champion you deserve it and should -naturally- wear it with pride.

Cheers

richard

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

I do like the tech support page at Blue Crown, the English language has been throttled perfectly.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I visited the page , It's somehow well organised , and their logo is good , i loved it
    Last edited by botrous; 07-10-2005 at 08:48 PM.

I do like the tech support page at Blue Crown, the English language has been throttled perfectly.
    You reminded me of my high school education , where the french litreture teacher always said , you don't have to say it this way , you are not sticking to the french academy rules (academie de langue francaise) which takes care of evolving the french language and always works to keep the english words out of the common used french language.

Wow.

These a/c units are way ahead of Daikin.

Not only do they make you coffee and finish your crossword. They also talk to you as well.

If you look in the troubleshooting apparently they have "leaking voice sounds". New one to me.

so-cold Guest

hi first time ive replied to general questions ,but i must reply to this ive fitted approx 150 blue crown a/c the red light flashes twice indicates that the coil senser is faulty or system short of gas .if the equipment is under sized there is no point in replacing parts as the same problem will occure.you can get a fault code chart from blue crown tec/services [ask for derren] hope this helps