Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Re: Fridge Problem..frost on suction line, and cooling is not good

Try to release more but smaller amount and see if temperature goes down more. When you don't see any change, you are probably at correct amount.

Quote Originally Posted by nike123 View Post
    Try to release more but smaller amount and see if temperature goes down more. When you don't see any change, you are probably at correct amount.
    I didn't really want to stick my nose in here for several reasons BUT... without gauges connected, one press of the valve will be too many eventually, and air will be sucked in, then it's all over.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

I'll try to be careful.. I'll probably give it a single push for a few seconds, if I didn't see any improvement, I'll just stop.

Guys.. I'm having a different problem now..

After the result I've gotten with the freezer, I thought to try the same with the fridge.. I powered the fridge or an hour and wrote down temperature, time, thermostat level, .. etc.. and then I started to release some gas..

I didn't pushed the the valve for long.. like 4 or 5 seconds and removed my finger. and I found some oil on it. apparently some of the compressor oil escaped from the valve while I'm pushing it. that did not happen with the freezer.

I just closed the valve, and after a few minutes I powered the fridge off and I thought to ask you what the hell is going on?? I didn't mess anything up, did I?