Kobe Steel KS-10L DH Screw Compessor

Hello to everyone,

I'm changing the oil on the above Compressor due a large oil leak. The Compressor is on a watercooled frimair chiller running on R22 with a set point of 7 deg leaving chilled water temp. The nameplate on the Chiller advises an oil called KYOSEKI, no other oil details are listed. Would I be right in thinking this is a mineral oil? Has anyone heard of this oil and could advise a shell/mobil replacement. Im guessing the oil grade would be quite high?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Maff

Re: Kobe Steel KS-10L DH Screw Compessor

Hi, maff

Quote Originally Posted by maff View Post
    Hello to everyone,

I'm changing the oil on the above Compressor due a large oil leak. The Compressor is on a watercooled frimair chiller running on R22 with a set point of 7 deg leaving chilled water temp. The nameplate on the Chiller advises an oil called KYOSEKI, no other oil details are listed. Would I be right in thinking this is a mineral oil? Has anyone heard of this oil and could advise a shell/mobil replacement. Im guessing the oil grade would be quite high?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Maff
    Unfortunately cannot help, but maybe some other RE member can ... if not ....then
    I think you must contact compressor manufacturer regarding oil i.e. replacement. There is not too much documentation from Kobelco i.e. Kobe Steel Group

I have no experience with Kobelco compressors, but have been told compressors are excellent.

Hope they are good in relation with clients too

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Re: Kobe Steel KS-10L DH Screw Compessor

Thanks for the reply Josip.

The site has quite a few of these compressors which have been running for 20 years, with what a appears no compressor maintenance. They seem to be bullet proof. Thats why I want to get the oil right.

Regards
    Maff