Bulk milk tank insulation

Does anyone know how well insulated refrigerated bulk tanks at dairies typically are? I'm looking for the thickness or R-value of the insulation between the two walls. I can find that the space is filled with polyurethane insulation, but not how much.

I'd be interested in differences in insulation between older tanks, as well as new tanks.

Thanks.

Re: Bulk milk tank insulation

The insulation thickness should be 50mm of polyurethane 40kg/m³.

Thank you.

Hi cjroos.
    google NDA Engineering.co .nz NZ is covered with tanks, vats, tankers and silos etc., for milk.
    You may find some info on tank insulation. [ NDA is for National Dairy Association. ] they generally spec everything.

NDA vats were known to crack internal welds due to poor design. This took me 16 hours to repair at farmers expense. I have not worked in the dairy refrigeration industry for many years, hopefully NDA milk vats and service has improved.
    NDA vats had 350mm of insullation in bottom of vat, cooling dimple plate sloped for CIP drainage and tanker drainage therefore insulation would change through bottom of vat wall thickness was constant vats were silo type (vertical).