pafc Guest

ultrasonic refrigerant leak detectors?

hi, interested in any info / user experiance in ultrasonic leak detector, are they any good, usability, thinking about getting one, do all refrigeration from commercial, light industrial, packs etc, dont seem to be able to find any in uk, but the usa seem to have a wide range of them, normally use the proven methods, electronic / nitrogen/ bubbles etc, but can be very time consuming and most electronic dont seem to like R404, have a TIF X1 at the mo, cheers, kev

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: ultrasonic refrigerant leak detectors?

Have used one in the past and found it quite effective even in noisy surroundings.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Try these out !
    http://www.fri3oilsystem.com/ingles/...obe_video.html
    Nando is a member here he'll give you more info i'm sure
    I'm not endorsing this product as i've never used it , but it fits the bill of what your after.
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

I wouldn't be "obejctive", as I sell the product. I do believe in it, since I've found many leaks using this technology.

I May we will give a training at Business Edge Ltd. about our cleaning system, and I'll bring one of these ultrasonic devices. We will do some demonstrations.

Noisy ambients may affect or not to the ultrasonic inspections, but, eliminating competitor ultrasounds is relatively easy in most of the cases. If the noise is not ultrasonic, there's no problem at all.

regards,

Nando

I have an ultrasonic bought in the uk .It has proven to be an excellent addition to my kit,finding some leaks from 20foot away,also found leaks that bubble test didnt pick up.can suffer a bit in noisy shops though,best used in tandem with a sniffer

pafc Guest

thanks for your help guys, cheers, kev