SAB 163 mk4 no oil pressure

Hi Guys,

Well i have taken the pump off and everything looks to be working freely and properly,cleaned strainer(No Dirt)When i go to start it i cant get no oil pressure.Pressure across filters are good.Im wondering if im getting any oil flow from the compressor(valve not opening ???)The computer control says the oil pump is on at startup but the fan is not spinning and the pump is not running .I trieds to start pump manually and same is happening .The computer screen says its running but its not.Could the electric motor be burnt out ??Any ideas ????

Re: SAB 163 mk4 no oil pressure

Do you measure any voltage at the motor pump terminals? The UNISAB could gave the order to the pump start but the pump don't start maybe because an electric connection failure...just a scenario...
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Hi "Stan".
    My initial guess is your oil pump contactor is being energized by the Unisab (or whatever control software you have).
    Sabroe use Contactor definition C4.
    As the contactor is being energized your oil pump (Run) feedback through the N/O contact on C4 is made and the Unisab reads pump running.
    However your 3 phase MCB (The supply being switched) could well of tripped.
    Basically it is quite possible that you have a loss of supply before the oil pump contactor.
    The control circuit is seeing everything it needs to tell it all is OK.
    And as the pump has not tripped the overload there is no pump fault showing.
    So firstly check your supply to the C4 contactor and then on to the Oil Pump.
    Basically when the pump is running pass a sheet of paper over the rear and check that the sheet is being drawn in to-wards the pump body.
    That's in addition to a visual check of the pump spinning.
    I am assuming a lot here and may be incorrect but with what there is to go on, the above seems to "Fit"?

Incidently is your comp set for "Pre-lube?
    Grizzly
    Last edited by Grizzly; 24-03-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Hi Stan,

Any news? I'm curious.
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better

Yes i found the trouble.I did a voltage test on incoming power to pump and discovered there was none .traced wires back to main panel to a circuit breaker.It was tripped.reset it and all is good now

Stant,

Glad to hear from you. And thanks to share your info with us.

Regards