2nd hand equipment for sale

I have a couple bits of equipment for sale that were wronlgy selected.

There is a toilet extract fan that has run for a week.
    It is a VES Andover 240V single phase model number: CLT031-1, start current 0.48 amps.

There is also a Daikin water chiller heat pump.
    Model: EUWYB5KAZW1. It has run for about 8 months and has been in storage at our yard since Jan 09, when it was replaced.

Both items are located at our office in Sunbury on Thames: TW16 7DX and are in full working condition.

All offers considered.

We can deliver for free within London and the Home Counties, or collection is welcomed.
    Everywhere else, please PM me.

Thank you for your interest
    Last edited by Coolie; 22-03-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Never underestimate anybody, you never know when they will make you look like an idiot!

Re: 2nd hand equipment for sale

Coolie.
    The forum is not for individuals to sell or promote their services.
    It is for us all to exchange ideas and help each other where we can.
    If we all do as you are doing with this post, then we may as well call it ebay for fridge engineers.
    You have been on the forum long enough to know what you are doing is wrong Surely?
    I think you are well out of order.
    Grizzly

Alright Grizzly

No need to live up to your name hey!

I posted it in the "legal-business-marketing" threads, which is where I thought was appropriate.
    There should not be such a thread if this sort of thing is not appropriate.

I hear you regarding selling or promoting services. I am not doing either of these things, as this is not something we as a company offer. We were merely clearing out our stores and decided to get rid of these things.
    I was posting it on here in good will, thinking that somebody would have liked a bargain.
    Yes I have been a member on here for a long time, but as you can see by the level of my posts, I am not a regular user

Clearly I was wrong, so feel free to delete the post.
    I am sorry of I offended you, which I clearly did, otherwise you'd not have taken the time to comment.
    Never underestimate anybody, you never know when they will make you look like an idiot!

Your explanation is good enough for me Coolie on a personal note.
    Yes I do "bite" when I see anyone offering Bargains etc.
    As I have taken the time to explain before.
    In My opinion any sales or selling unless those adverts are paid for should not appear on the forum.
    And yes I too would like clarification from the moderators.
    I will admit it can be hard to differentiate between personal gain and the intention to benefit others.
    Yours may well truly be an innocent action.

Maybe I should just report posts that I think are suspect and let the Moderators decide.
    But as I have posted, you have had your chance to answer.
    Which has been the better option for you I believe.
    But more importantly you have given a feasible answer which will be read by many.
    So we have both won!

If others think I am out of order just say so and I will shut up!

By the way I don't have the authority to delete anything.
    Grizzly I may be, but it's easier for all concerned that You and I debate this post.
    Than Moderators having to get involved they have to be impartial.
    Grizzly

In Coolie's defence, on the old RE site, there was section where you could advertise products (most were from members selling second hand gear) He perhaps would of shown there! But it seems to have disapperared, maybe a new section should be set up solely for the purpose of selling regular members second hand gear (min 15 threads before you can show goods)

Quote Originally Posted by mad fridgie View Post
    In Coolie's defence, on the old RE site, there was section where you could advertise products (most were from members selling second hand gear) He perhaps would of shown there! But it seems to have disapperared, maybe a new section should be set up solely for the purpose of selling regular members second hand gear (min 15 threads before you can show goods)
    Good point Mad fridgie.
    I did not know there was such a section.
    Sounds like a good idea, at least everyone would know where they stand.
    Grizzly

Thanks mad fridgie

It seems a bit ambiguous that there was previously a section for this, but now not.
    In hindsight, I should have taken the time to look at the forum rules again. I must say, the new site is looking very good.
    I have duly learned my lesson, so will refrain from such activities in the future.
    On the plus side, I have rediscovered the RE forums, so will be a bit more active in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to stick your oar in, as I now know better.

As Grizzly says - advertisements must be paid for, as the Boss needs to recover the cost of providing this great forum, which is free to all members.

I understand that the 'For Sale' section is one of those switched off at present in an attempt to try and speed up the loading times....as you know, some members complained of slow loading times following the upgrade.

Hopefully, it will be switched back on....

Coolie is clearly wrong in posting advertisements....but ...unless one of the other Mods deletes it, .........