Apprentice Scheme

Hi,
    Does anybody know who or if what companies are currently looking for new start apprentices?
    My son wants to get in the trade, told him nooooooo. But this is what he wants.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Apprentice Scheme

take that as a no then. trade will be shot without apprentices.
    thanks anyway

As a starter for 10 it's probably better that he get's in touch with B.E.S.T. who will at least give him a test to evaluate suitability. They will then get in touch with HVCA members and see who is willing to take on.They will also advise on College courses etc.

Hi odgy.
    so where on the planet are you and your son.

new one fella whos mum stopped him from taking a career with the navy as an apprentice marine engineer,havent heard of ships being blown in the last ten or so years.

still feel sorry for the bloke it would have to be one of the bast trades to be in
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

Hi Paul
    Why don't you investigate some of your own advice and look into sending him to Ausie to do his apprenticeship? I think if he got the position with the right company he wouldn't look back! How ever a little late in the season as new apprentices are normally taken on at the start of the year but worth a try. If no luck he could do some pre training and get some experience ready for next years wave of intakes. Companies to target in my mind would be medium to large PRIVATE COMPANIES. He would have a lot of fun and set a path to a rewarding, good paying career - besides we could do with apprentices who are interested in the trade here as some don't have the right attitude. Seriously I think he would love it, meet lovely women and let you sit back and relax. I moved here from a cold place more than ten years ago and haven't looked back. A company that is focused on refrigeration would be best to start with then after qualification he could look at moving into aircon. The eastern side is best - Sydney or Melbourne.