York centrif pre rotation vane problem

Hi everyone I'm having a problem with a very old (1977 I think) York Turbo pack. The prv motor will not open the vanes. It is not getting a signal from the TCLC, the compressor starts but runs permanantly unloaded. The VMS switch is closed and the prv has a constant signal to close. The machine is not equipped with hot gas so there is no 12R relay as is suggested on the wiring diagram I have. The prv acuator gets its feed directly from the TCLC, other than to close which also gets a feed from 3R when the machine is off in order to reset the vane. If I put the switch to "open" nothing happens. It is my theory that there is a problem with the current transmission, which is wired across A and B, making the TCLC think that it is running with a higher current than it actually is. I cannot, at the moment, access the current transformer as it is in a high voltage starter panel that requires an AP to open. I do know that there is a resistor wired across the CT in order to give the correct signal when all is correct. So could anybody tell me how to check out the TCLC/CT as I believe this is where the problem(s) lie.
    Hope somebody can help as I've really been pulling my hair out over this one!

Re: York centrif pre rotation vane problem

Is that a Barber Coleman motor on the PRV?

Re: York centrif pre rotation vane problem

Can only suggest putting your multi meter ma scale DC in circuit with the input feed from the CTs to the controller and read what the controller is reacting to.
    I have had CTs go out of scale.