Phil_J Guest

Hoover HFA270 GBA, fridge compartment freezing up

Hi all,

First of all apologies for posting what seems like a very common question on this forum, but I can't see anyone talking about this model before.

I have a Hoover (candy) HFA270 upright Frost-free Fridge Freezer which is suffering the symptom of freezing up the whole time. I took a gamble and replaced the control board, which seems to be the most common cause, but it's still doing it.

So I guess it must be the sensor. (I really wish I'd tried the cheap thing before the expensive thing now )

Anyway before I order one, my question is, where on earth is the sensor fitted on this model? It seems some Candy fridges have this foamed in, I really hope that's not the case. If so how on earth do I get to it? I guess I don't start hacking away at the insides...

I'd be happy to test it with a multimeter if I knew which connections on the control unit were the ones going off to the sensor.. but the info that came with it wasnt that helpful.

If it's a real pain I'll have to bite the bullet and get an engineer in, and try to forget about the 40 quid and the hour I spent on replacing the control board!

Cheers,

Phil J

PS For background, I'm a computer engineer with a background in electronics and microprocessors.

Re: Hoover HFA270 GBA, fridge compartment freezing up

Not familiar with this unit. Did you check if the fridge switch off when it reach temp and the defrost heaters ?