Massive Quake 8.9 Japan

Not where I said it was forecast but just goes to show and history shows that when there is a supermoon there is extreme weather and earthquakes. We are very near an extreme supermoon which occurs on the 19th of this month - there will not be another extreme supermoon for about 5 years. We should be more aware and prepared for these conditions. My condolences for those who have lost lives and have been affected. There could be more during this period of the extreme supermoon.
    Tesla

Re: Massive Quake 8.9 Japan

A genius friend of mine from the island of Monserrat in the Caribbean once noted that there was an volcanic eruption on the island shortly after the French did a nuclear test in Polynesia. He looked at the time frame then announced that there would be a second one X time after the next test, dated for a few weeks down the road. Everyone laughed at him but he was proven right because it happened as he predicted.

Tesla, I believe you have said before that you are unsure or don't believe in man made global warming. It is pure hubris to believe we are immune to the effects of our own technical "advances". The changes we see in the atmosphere and sea water have never happened "to this extent" in the past over such a short period of time as we experience today. Thousands of climate scientists are agreed that it is happening, we are causing the majority of it but not necessarily agreed as to how great the changes are or the remedies. As usual, it is a combination of many factors and is a very complex system.

I would not be surprised if we are responsible in some respect for the conditions leading up to this and NZs quakes as well as cyclones and hurricanes around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    We are very near an extreme supermoon which occurs on the 19th of this month
    Tesla
    S**t, I have to go to a wedding that evevning......

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHolm View Post
    A genius friend of mine from the island of Monserrat in the Caribbean once noted that there was an volcanic eruption on the island shortly after the French did a nuclear test in Polynesia. He looked at the time frame then announced that there would be a second one X time after the next test, dated for a few weeks down the road. Everyone laughed at him but he was proven right because it happened as he predicted.

Tesla, I believe you have said before that you are unsure or don't believe in man made global warming. It is pure hubris to believe we are immune to the effects of our own technical "advances". The changes we see in the atmosphere and sea water have never happened "to this extent" in the past over such a short period of time as we experience today. Thousands of climate scientists are agreed that it is happening, we are causing the majority of it but not necessarily agreed as to how great the changes are or the remedies. As usual, it is a combination of many factors and is a very complex system.

I would not be surprised if we are responsible in some respect for the conditions leading up to this and NZs quakes as well as cyclones and hurricanes around the world.

And the octopus got all the winners right in the world cup...Your mate hasn't proven nothing and it seems you have caught the religious belief system of MMGW....

Records are there to be broken.However we note the 'coldest records ' tend to get ignored or usually attributed to global warming!
    Can you point out the evidence for any of your statements and who exactly are these 'thousands of scientists'' exactly and what are their qualifications with regards to climate?

are you having a laugh! earth quakes are the result of tetonic plates moving, this has been going on long before us humans roamed the earth!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post

are you having a laugh! earth quakes are the result of tetonic plates moving, this has been going on long before us humans roamed the earth!!
    Spot On!
    Rape of our resorces and say the Rain Forests .. Yep
    Earthquakes.. No
    Grizzly

Guys I agree in part that we contribute towards these events like:
    Floods when we dam large rivers and mine huge holes in the ground.
    Earthquakes when we use Nuclear bombs setting of volcanoes or the HARP system which could theoretically be used to create quakes.
    But on a whole the earth has been changing climate, erupting volcanoes, flooding etc since day dot. I didn't predict anything, I just read a moon planting calendar which forecast that big quakes and bad weather comes with supermoons and considering it was an extreme one (but I'm sure it said in the southern hemisphere). There are many out there who would have read the same stuff and call themselves profits or psychic. http://www.astropro.com/features/tab.../suprmoon.html is a link for where there is data on moon phases for the next few years. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/ is where you can see graphically the size (and big after shocks) - one of my home page tabs.
    We should all work together on an international disaster response team which has things like aircraft carriers packed with helicopters and fast cargo ships in order to get food, shelter and medical supplies to anywhere in the world when something like this happens - But no our nations would rather spend squillions on war machinery to hurt each other and steal the booty. A little more love would go a long way. That technology we use to hurt each other should be used for helping each other. I was bought up in NZ and was told in the old days the Maori people measured a mans wealth by how much he gave away to others not how much he had.
    Peace to all.
    Last edited by Tesla; 11-03-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Second link added.

Someone pointed out to me recently that today, with saturation coverage of all global events, we are now on the scene for every hickup that happens, where years ago we were only aware of what happened in our own community or back yard. Seems we have been assimilated,(RESISTANCE IS FUTILE)! I saw the boats, cars and houses washed away in Japan last night and felt giddy when video footage of the quake was shown in real time. People of Christchurch NZ must have felt sick or switched off... Such is life i guess. Now i'm making a note in work diary for March 19.. We know what Chemi is doing that day, anyone else have plans for Saturday 19?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

The point is: we don't KNOW that we don't contribute to it just as we don't KNOW that we do but there is the principle that we don't ignore the possibility that we do. There are absolute facts about our climate: 1) there is only so much atmosphere out there...it is finite in volume and sometime, when ever that is, we will put more c**p into the atmosphere than it can absorb. 2) we release CO2 by burning off in a matter of minutes a product that takes 1000s if not millions of years to take out of the atmosphere and we do it at an ever increasing rate, no one disputes that.

So I ask you...when will we get to the point where we see an atmosphere like that in the Matrix. If we follow normal human behavior, we will wake up when we can barely breathe and say "what have i done". Have you ever walked through downtown Mexico City or Bejing? I know kids in mexico who honestly thought the normal sky colour was grey. Also being very interested in medical issues i know that the number of kids with asthma has increased 10 fold since I was a kid in the 60s.

Unfortunately, most humans are crises managers not planners but those that are might start here: http://unfccc.int/2860.php

It is only one place to start. Every country has a commission and every commission is made up of their top scientists of all disciplines. Those who don't believe in it are usually in the pay of an oil company or a shell organization associated with them. It is well known that all they have to do is say "the jury is still out" and many people will put it to the back of their minds

And, by the way, anyone who believes in an octopus ability to choose winners and losers has probably got 3 brain cells, 2 of which are not connected.

To hopefully end my rant, global warming does not mean everywhere gets warmer equally. It means the status quo changes fast and we should pay attention to it. The Canadian arctic is getting ready for year round ship travel east to west, never happened in human history, The floods in the UK and the record snow falls, massive heat waves in France and Germany that killed thousands, temperatures they just don't normally get.

As the scientists say, you must use statistics to get the truth, not anecdotal evidence.

Have a good weekend.

Cannot image the feeling after surviving an earthquake and staggering outside to a forty foot wave of death and distruction.
    Pleased I live on a hill higher than forty foot above the high water mark.

They say that the world will end at 2012.
    2012 is the last year on the Maya calendar.
    My simple thought is, how they could predict what will happened a 1000 years ahead when they did not have any clue of how much corn they will need to plant the next year for food.

sorry but I can't relate seriously to all these stories.

Sometime in december 2012 has some people concerned that the world will end, while that date has others believing the world (as we know and live it) will change from our limited 3D perspective to move on to a 4th dimension and so on. I've always thought that we as a rough and impulsive species were isolated to this planet in an attempt to discover how to live WITH nature and not screw it up. All the materials were provided for various outcomes... now get to it and sort it out. Should we pass then off we go to some other dimension, fail and you stay there untill you figure it out or perish...Mike
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

my thoughts are with the people affected by the tragedy.and am so glad our leaders offer help no questions asked.not like the likes of wars where they pussy foot.lets hope the loss of life is small and they get back on track soon.

Have been watching the news on NHK World, the Japanese channel, shocking to see how many have lost their homes and lives....

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/

Jon
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Hey Tesla. It's not the 19th yet. What's going on here??http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-far-north-qld

Hi, all

here you can see more about that disaster ...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/ja...eforeafter.htm

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    Hey Tesla. It's not the 19th yet. What's going on here??http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-far-north-qld
    Hi mikeref
    The extreme supermoon is on the 19th but I think I wrote earlier that the moon calender I have says it should happen in the preceding week - but some other scientist/astrologist in Ausie has forecast for the 20th. So to sum up were in the time frame where there is the most likely chance of a big one until (I recon) after the 20th of this month. It did say in the southern hemisphere though. When I went to Brisbane for the first time about 12 years ago I asked if they ever got quakes to another fridgie, he told me never - well the very next day there was a quake. Even though some quakes are small they can still do a lot of dammage to a place that doesn't usually get them due to the strength and materials of the buildings.
    I just hope we have seen the worst and don't get any more big ones for a long time.

Thank Josip
    Those images really show very well the before and after. I thought the technology for the images was really cool too.

i worry about the fallout ,guess we will not be told the truth! fancy building 4 reactors next door to each other muppetry!!!!!!!!!!!

I worry about the logic of building 4 reactors on the high water mark of a country that named tidal waves Tsunamis, in particular the Pacific coast where all the tidal waves will come from.
    Puts a spin on the name fried rice I suppose.