Thread: reclaimed r407c

reclaimed r407c

i have to replace a compressor on a 407c vrf&was thinking of shutting the service valves&reclaiming the condenser only.does anyone know if the gas ive reclaimed can be put back in?

Re: reclaimed r407c

Hi,

If you use a recycling system, you can put it back into the system. If you only recover it, it will still be mixed with oils/acids, and wil harm the system again. Have you had acidity on that system?

Regards,

Nando.

Blog Entries

I would not if you have got any leak in system. Composition could be changed.

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ighlight=r407c

Yeah if your changing the compressor aswell, id say change it especially with R407C and it Franctionation..

The real question is how big a charge is in the system.
    AND how much is recovered. If in any doubt recover the remaining charge then you can calculate how much has leaked out? If any?
    On a split then it's probably not worth the effort. But I and my colleagues have done it plenty of times on the large chiller systems with say, 30 -80 kgs in them.
    It also depends upon what the compressor has failed on?
    But system status will dictate.
    Grizzly

if comp has failed then change the gas i think 407 separates easily so never i reuse it

Quote Originally Posted by martinw58 View Post
    if comp has failed then change the gas i think 407 separates easily so never i reuse it
    I have some pics on my profile from a cleaning we did on a duct system, with R407C. They changed twice the compressor in 9months before we flushed it. Put it back the same gas, and 3yrs later it still works without any acid, and with the same gas.

If the gas is mixed with acids, that does not affect to its composition. If you only recover it, with oils and acids, that is a residue that should not be reused, but if you recycle it, you can reuse it with all warranty.

Regards,

Nando.