a 15hp and 2x 7,5hp compressors to use with inverters for energy conservation?

hi every one
    I would like to present you with a problem that arose a few days ago.
    There is a 15mx80cm depth air curtain shelf refrigerator temps rating from 2-7celcious for pharmacutical products with a 15hp compressor (which i havent seen yet) that the customer complains that it cycles too often and the question that arises is can this compressor be regulated with and inverter controler for economy on electricity or does the compressor must be changed in order to control it with an inverter module? As far as the 2x7.5 hp compressors they control a cold storage room and the same situation applies. And if the compressors need changing must the expansion valves also change or not. Thanks any feedback would be apriciated.

Re: a 15hp and 2x 7,5hp compressors to use with inverters for energy conservation?

Yes you can run a recip compressor on an inverter, BUT the motor has to be inverter duty rated. If iti s semihermetic, check with the manufacturer. If it an open drive, chck the motor name plate to see what it is rated for.

The compressor will have a lower RPM limit.

Re: a 15hp and 2x 7,5hp compressors to use with inverters for energy conservation?

thanks for the reply and like i said i havent seen the systems yet but i assume from the technicians in Greece these compressors are semi hermetic more than likekly. Although the customer of what i heard is prepared to change the compressors IF i or we can guarrantee a percentage of his electric bill decrease so this is why i am asking in order to find perhaps someone that has delt with such situations to enlighten me. Thanx again i would love some more feedback on this subject and any suggestions also. incl, for ex. change of compressors horse power etc.