tlawrenson Guest

Hotpoint Mistral 8596 - Freezer temp fluctuation

I have a strange problem and I can't find any similar issues in Hotpoint Mistral threads.

The key points are

- The unit is about 12 years old and is in a garage
    - the Freezer temp maintains -22/23C for about 12 hours, then it increases to around -14, typically in about 30 minutes or less. All the time that it is warming up, it sounds like the compressor and fan are operating.
    - However, the air being blown into the freezer is not cold.
    - After it has been at -14C for a few mins, it then cools back down to -22C (and the blown air in the freezer feels very cold again)
    - The Fridge is fine, stays at its set temp throughout
    - The compressor unit seems to be on nearly all of the time (at least 90%)
    - I have cleaned the dust etc from the evaporator (from the front), although I have yet opened up the back

Thanks for any help/advice

Re: Hotpoint Mistral 8596 - Freezer temp fluctuation

It's the condenser that collects the dust,the evaporatoris in the ffreezer section.
    Parts likely reqiuired are freezer thermistor 2600283 and evap thermistor 2600285,both are behind the interior back panel of the freezer and plug in. Sorry don't know current cost but theservicecentre.co.uk will have the prices.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

tlawrenson Guest

Thanks for the reply and terminology correction.

Is the problem simply due to faulty thermistors causing FF to cool and defrost erratically (i.e., does it sound like the condenser, baffles and fans are probably ok, hence it is worth fixing)?

Do you mean the 2601683 evap themistor? - I couldn't find the 2600285, but did find the 2601683, which looks the right part from the name, at:

http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/advan...stor&x=16&y=12

The yellow and green thermistors are here http://www.espares.co.uk/parts/fridg...4/808/0/434548
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

Hey guys be careful to your ref better yet try to get a new one.

if the compressor is running while the freezer looses temp from -22 to -14 is it possible for this model to have a hot gas bypass for defrost?

No hot gas defrost on this one,electric defrost,overlooked the fact that the compressor is still running,umm.
    If the temp is set to say 20c then the compressor shouldn't be running at -22!

does this fridge have an ice maker? if so then it is normal for the compressor to run of seems to run for a long time. next... how are you getting the temp reading if the setting is set to 20 degrees? if you use your own thermometer perhaps there is a temp diffrence from the freezer sensor, but despite all that the diffrence is not so great that you need to worry about it cuz when the compressor stops its normal to have an increase of temp in order to start again besides the thermosta electronic or not it should have a differential long enough for the pressures to stabalize before giving the command to start again. So i wouldnt really worry about it as long is its in within the temp diffrence that you say! Take care