need help or advice ASAP

hi,

Sabroe 163 mk compressors keep shutting down for "Line unbalance greater than set level "Cant keep them going ,tripping out power

Re: need help or advice ASAP

If several compressors have same problem, the power supply is out of balance. Get power supply company to balance coils in transformer, maybe one coil is faulty, and transformer needs replacing.

Hi Stanthonycold.
    I wrote this whilst Magoo was also replying.
    So add this as an alternative option. Still along the same lines though.

I cannot see what MK. of 163 you have but I am assuming that you have a American Controller which you are reading your alarm "Line in-balance" from?
    Because I have no such code or message listed for Unisab.
    Do these comps have the Vacon Variable speed units fitted?
    Anyway at a guess from the little you have posted. I would be looking for one of the 3 phase supplies being low.
    Have you confirmed that each single phase supply is good and that none of these have dissimilar voltage outputs from the others.
    Try shutting all the comps down and prove each 1 in turn then put it back on-line, just to try and identify which 1 is dragging the rest down.
    Try using a clamp meter to ascertain what sort of currents are being drawn.
    These comments are based upon my assumption that your "line in-balance" is truly a Electrical fault?
    As I say if in doubt go back to basics and turn every thing off, prove each incoming supply and then each individual compressors running currents etc.
    Good Luck Grizzly.

Each single phase supply is good.595- 600 volts on each .It seems to be happening every 20 hrs or so.After about an hour i can get them going again and will stay running for the about a day before they start acting up again .I will contact power company to see if it is a problem at thier end .The fault code that appeared first was for "Loss of control power" each time after is what for "Line unbalance greater than set level" Magoo yes it happens both the compressors we have online and happens to both at same time also!!

I suspect that Magoo is pointing you in the correct direction.
    With the latest info from yourself it does indeed appear to be an incoming supply issue.
    Good luck grizzly

Is there something else happening on the whole site at that particular time, that my be overloading one particular supply phase. Like a new instal somewhere that the electrician has overload one phase. Something stupid like the lights in the office block all going on at the same time and computers all being turned on. It is bound to be something stupid.
    Another thing to check is auto correction power factor systems, a bank of capacitors on one phase may be faulty that can screw the whole balancing thing.
    Last edited by Magoo; 21-02-2011 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added