cellar coller problem

hi guys a little help would be much appreciated, i have a beermaster cellar cooler bre 407 66 evap and bms 220 1 cond unit, on site this afternoon found system pumped down with evap calling for cooling with solonoid valve energised, i know its a bit naughty but i cracked of the flare nut on the inlet of the TEV and found liquid refrigerent, TEV is directly upstream from solonoid valve, I de energised the solonoid coil and changed the TEV and orifice, the valve is ext equalised. Turned the evap on and waited for the coil to energise. I purged the suction at the compressor and found the pressures equalise suction 80psi high 150psi, i turned the cond on and noticed the suction drop back down into a vacum and cut ou on LP head pressure stayed at around 150psi, added a kilo of refrigeraant but did not solve the proble, I did all this in this manner as last job of the day and had to get home because mrs was going for dinner with friends. Im going back tomoro will reclain refrigerant and change the liquid line drier,pressure test and vac out then recharge, Any ideas what is going on with this system and any remedies would be so much healp. Thankyou

Re: cellar coller problem

Are the evap fans running , is the evap coil clean and did you verify the operation of the lp switch.Are all valves open.All obvious stuff but, start with the obvious and rule it out.
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

Was the origional valve and orifice clean inside? Take the origional valve and test power element, pop in orifice and push to see if it will seat and it should spring back out a couple of mills. Talking about danfoss TEN-2 or similar. Is there an EPR in line. I would replace drier as well... Could be faulty new valve.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

check all that is reconended above then if fault still occurs pull the gas and carry out a flow check with your nitro, check the drier fit your torr gauge and retry ta charlie

ok thanks guys, Evap fans both run and the evap coil is lovely and clean. I did check the danfoss ext equal tev and there is a spring movement between the orifice and the valve. there is no E P R, all there is a copeland scroll comp - air cooled cond - drier - sight glass - solonoid - tev - distributor - evap - suction.
    When i start the sytem up the suction pressure drops and cuts out on the LP switch
    Any other ideas ....thankyou

Just a thought.
    Whack a magnet on the LLSV and you should hear it lift just because it's energised doesn't mean its open or fully open.
    Keep us posted
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

Your right there Stu. I would also check the remote possibility of interupted power to solenoid coil, or insufficient voltage to the coil... Mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Check the manifold on the evap, the oil could have waxed up and has blocked the pipes, remove orifice from the TEV, and warm up the distributor while purging with OFN, I had this fault once with 407C
    if you cant't fix it don't

i have had this problem with LLSV before coil energised but not lifted fully as stufus mentioned.
    sounds to me as the problem is with LLSV if you have replaced orifice etc.
    your only as good as your last job

sorry the reply is late but changed liquid line drier and solonoid valve. Also carried out a pressure test found and repaired leak on distributor. Many thanks for the help given