Thread: Sub rates

Sub rates

Hi guys not sure where i should post this i have not long set up on my own and just wondering the rates i should start on ie day rate and hr rate. Im on 15 hr or 150 a day do you think this is about right i might up this but just not sure the going rate any help will be good.

many thanks

Re: Sub rates

Installing on your own is much more time consuming. I wouldn't use a single guy unless it was a back to back or it was on a price with no time pressure

2 blokes can do an install in 1/3rd of the time. It's not economical to use a bloke on his own on a day rate these days.

Oh and rates are going down not up as price is being squeezed from the top down.

Can only comment on a friend of mine who charges £350 a day for himself and a mate. He does install of VRV mainly in London (I think) and is busy and another subbie who charges £180 a day (that was a couple of years ago).
    £15 an hour seems cheap as that's not much more than you can get if you are employed by a firm and there are no overheads to consider.
    That's in Southern Blighty if location makes a difference.

Hope that helps,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

We were charging £300 pound a day a few years ago but rates are around £250/£220 a day now based on 10/12hrs and 50miles or so.

Truth be told its just paying the wages, theres not much left for replacing vans and equipment as it wears or having the heating on.....

I would expect to pay £200 - £240/day for installs ( Man & Mate ) £20/hr for repairs and maintenance when required. You need to consider your own situation when calculating charge out rates.

I know two good subbies who I pay £20.00 per hour cash to, I have just revised the rates and I tend to use them during the week when I'm not available, as I work at a firm full time during the week. I have an exclusive customer base that understands I will only deal in cash. But if need be an invoice for VAT can be provided for those who request it before the work starts.

At the weekend they sometimes ask me to do some work for them, at the same rate. As they tend to be busy playing out, or snowed under with work. Its a good understanding we have and everyones a winner.
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.

Hey Chilli, thats not something you want the world to know? .. Episodes of porridge comes to mind, and your the star.... Mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Hi guys sub rates have fallen quite a bit because its very competive out there, and there are more sub contractors to choose from and also the companies themselves are quoteing cheaper for jobs.i my self had more luck with small stuff than large commercial or industrial

hi guys thank you all for the replys i think at the min i will keep it at 150 a day or 15. and i have to think about getting a bigger van now i have a citroen dispatch and need to get 3m in the back so something bigger is needed. theres allways something.

I have the Peugeot version of that, I cut a door in the bulkhead so I can get 3m lengths across between the seats and onto the dashboard. I know some insurance policies don't allow the cab space as an extended load space. But a longer wheel base would be better, until then its that or the roof rack.
    Training may be finished but experience is never complete.