bdelph Guest

York Chiller Vacuum

I'm working on a York Centrifigal Chiller, that I am not familar with. What kind of vacuum do I need to pull down to ? I'm down to 2000, but my partner say's we need to get to 1500. The York manual I have say's 5000 microns. Any help ? Also Anyone ever used High Vacuum Sealer ?
    Last edited by bdelph; 24-04-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Re: York Chiller Vacuum

microns of what? Water or Hg? In Europe the minimum by regulations is 270 Pa. Being 1000 microns of hg = 133 Pa, then you have to go down to at least 2000 microns.
    A new chiller is vacuumed down to 50Pa which is 375 microns, but a used chiller will never go down that much because of oil and refrigerant dilution around the pipes.

The vacuum sealer works well as a temporary leak repair until it can be fixed properly. Pull 2000 microns and do a standing vacuum test. Most likely the seal is leaking into the chiller, this is typical York seal design. What model chiller? YT, HT, OT?

NASIM IQBAL Guest

Dear Sir
    Can you tell me? How much vacuum required in micron for centrifugal water cool chiller. And also in recovery unit. Which is connected to the centrifugal chiller for recovery purpose?
    Please its urgent.
    NASIM IQBAL
    Email ID: nsmiqbal@yahoo.co.in

NASIM IQBAL Guest

Post Re: York centrifugal Chiller YK service manual

Dear Sir

Can I get York Centrifugal Chiller Model YK Service Manual.

Thanks

NASIM IQBAL
    Email ID: nsmiqbal@yahoo.co.in