somebody point me in correct direction

This is a personal troubleshooting problem.......

I have been working in a/c and refrigeration for 8 years with a 4 year gap inbeetween, i want to become a good engineer however i have never worked with one! I believe i can only teach myself so much and the older you get the harder it is to get a trainee job, i currently work on oil rigs where lets face it you dont do much, i look after 4 chillers which is pretty easy, my past is installations of a/c, so no commissioning experience, i done my svq2 last year and enjoyed it and done my 2079 so obviously i know a bit however dont feel il ever be the real deal and want to know how do you do it???? Im 29 and would be willing to take big wage drop if i knew it would benefit me long term.... However theres alot i dont know..... From glasgow and i have came across alot off cowboys, theres loads of vans out and about now and i know some of them never served there time as fridgys, i want to work with one of the big good companies and be taught!.... Is that possible, i even wrote to some of them asking for work experience during my time off from rigs, and that i would work for free, no replyies and that was 6 companies!!! Any ideas?

Re: somebody point me in correct direction

mr,klobber,

Work hard wherever u work, gain experiance with interest in work, I think that place u should be ?

WITH KIND RGDS.