perks of the job

Hi start this rolling. This is for all the guys on the commercial side, what is the largest amount of cash you have found when you have pulled a fridge out, and did you keep it, for me it was £37 in change, and yes I did give it back as it was the staffs xmass box which they fought had been stolen, but had fallen behind the back bar chiller

if you cant't fix it don't

Re: perks of the job

While helping pull out cases in supermarket
    refits I have picked up the odd pound or two.

All the best

coolrunnings.

Was told i could take an old ice machine from the cellar of the pub my brother works in.The idea was to recondition it and give it to the local football team.
    Got it out and into the van and opened the bin door ,nestled in the bottom was a plastic shopping bag with £9,000
    The owner was a dipso and didn't fancy the walk to the night safe after sampling his wares all day saturday so he dumped it in the ice machine.
    Gave it back and got free drink for a while
    Cheers
    Stu
    Tool's ? check ! Condom's ? check !
    If you can't fix it , f*ck it !!!

I think that wil be hard to beat.
    if you cant't fix it don't

Found a handfull of change under a dairy deck in a small village shop, owner was a right tight @rse, he thought it should have been his, i though as it was on the shop side of the counter it was unlikely money he had dropped so put it in the charity tin on the counter

A little of topic but, I once removed some old condensing units from a milk dairy as they were scrap and had not run for years and there was a newspaper stuffed down the side of one of them with my birth date on it

I found £20 in a bank when ripping out some very old chassis units, handed it back in and had coffee made for the rest of the job
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

On a new install and the guy installing the vacuum cash handling system in a supermarket found one of the cash canistors in the false ceiling full of a days takings. Apparently it had been lieing there for about a year. Not sure of the details but one of the pipes had not been glued and popped off, dumping the canistor on the ceiling. A previous company went up to repair and never noticed the canistor. and for some reason the store never missed the canistor......No one knew it was missing.....the guy handed it in.........

Quote Originally Posted by Quality View Post
    A little of topic but, I once removed some old condensing units from a milk dairy as they were scrap and had not run for years and there was a newspaper stuffed down the side of one of them with my birth date on it
    Did you know that if you add the last 2 digits of your birth year to your age this year.....it equals 111

Example. Some one born in 1960 would be 51 this year, so adding 60 + 51 = 111

it works for any year you were born (but will equal 112 next year )

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Did you know that if you add the last 2 digits of your birth year to your age this year.....it equals 111

Example. Some one born in 1960 would be 51 this year, so adding 60 + 51 = 111

it works for any year you were born (but will equal 112 next year )
    unless your a young un then it comes to 11
    born in 2003 and aged 8 this year 03+08=11

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Servicing boxed in low level fan coil units at Arab's summer house in the UK would normally mean recovering anything up to a hundred pounds in notes.

These had been 'posted' by the children, the games they play eh?

Always handed back as we had good enough perks.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

This area is mostly farming so there could be anything from mango to potatoes given as a perk.There is a chocolate and cheese store on a dairy farm close by, and the last time i was working there, the chocolate fridge had run too warm and the hand made decorations had melted. I sampled many chocolate covered candy items with latte coffee. Thought it responsible of me to clean the cheese display condenser and measure cabinet temps.. Yes the cheese varieties were very nice.... !
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Worked on a 2 door upright self contained cabinet in a mexican restaurant one day to find a set of gauges connected to the cabinet all covered in dust and grease. I asked the owner and the cabinet had never been serviced or repaired in the 5 years they had owned it, it seems to have been sent from the manufacturer with a set of gauges still attached to the suction and liquid ports!

Score! I kept them...
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"