hello , im building my own control board for a whirlpool american style fridge freezer using arduino , i wasnt sure if i should post here or in the domestics section seeing as its quite technical

i just wanted to run it by someone how this thing actually operates so i can get the coding right

my understanding is so

- read freezer temp , if temp ok do nothing if temp above preset amount start compressor and evaporator fan and condensor fan -

- when freezer down to temp shut off compressor and leave evaporator and condensor fans running for a couple more mins - 15 or so?

as for fridge - check temp - if above preset open baffle and start evaporator fan

if below close baffle stop evaporator fan

if fridge door opens close baffle to stop wastage
if freezer door opens stop evap fan

if doors open for long period shut off compressor and alarm

i have a few questions

- whats the method to start compressor , i realise there is a ground and two lives and a cap.. is it a soft start option? you start up on one live and switch to the other after a few seconds?

how frequently can the compressor be cycled - ie how long between stop and restart - plus how long can it run for without a rest

is there ever a situation where compressor is running without evap fan? and why

i didnt get to the defrost code yet but i realise something will have to be done