How can I get NVQ qualified????

Hello, I am interested in doing an NVQ Level 2 in refrigeration but I am not currently employed in this job role. I have a small amount of knowledge of the industry as I have been a ductwork installer for the past 8 years.

I am moving to australia at the begininng of 2012 so I was hoping to study during the next year to get myself as qualified as possible in my spare time (evenings and weekends). What is the best way of achieving this without being employed by a refrigeration company, please can anyone help?????? I live in the south of England

Anything would be great cheers.

Re: How can I get NVQ qualified????

you cant, you have to work in the trade, you need to do write ups on jobs you have done and produce work based evidence, like drawings, photos of you brazing and pressure testing or servicing a system, you need references from your company, which will help to build a portfolio. so you will need to go to college get your tech cert which incorparates 3 exams 101,201 & 202, once you have passed these exams and your f gas refrigerant handling then you need a job, then you can start your nvq. if you think you can do it in a few months then you are in for a big shock. you cant enroll for your city & guilds tech cert and your nvq in the same term year so your into 2 years straight away. i have all the info as i was the same boat, if you need any more info let me know. Kev

forgot to mention you cant apply for a visa to work in ac or fridge unless you have your skills assesed by vettasses, an australian guy comes to this country and assesess your skills on their behalf, you cant even apply for this without your nvq2. it costs about £4000 for the whole process including visas and police checks,medicals and your assesment.

I completed my NVQ by going self employed, in theory you could do this in a year but you would need to find a college willing to let you do the whole lot in just 12 months, they are usually structured over 2 years.

I took mine over 12 months at weekends in Birmingham., so it is possible.

Pm me if you would like any furthur information.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Marc

it took me 8 months witha company, Try Tiaga Training they do it in just over a year

Hi Kev thanks for your reply very helpful, I have been looking into the nvq tech cert and the advanced diploma, both of which can be studied at home. Which do you think would be better??

Cheers

Hi Marc thanks for your reply.

Were you working for a refrigeration company at the time of doing your qualification?

Thanks for your replies guys.

I think im just going to have to do as much as I can with the theory side of refrigeration then go out to oz on a working holiday visa and hopefully complete my training. But whats best Advanced diploma in refrigeration or nvq tech cert refrigeration??????

Cheers

North west college of London Willesden (near wembley) If you want to do it in a year you can 2 half days a week Dont Know Bout employee think you must get atleast work experience. Or there is 'Ellis' Training in cuffley Which is block release But think you end up With the City and Guilds Nvq level 2 still best ask them ok Give em a call :-)

R55 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by benjy150 View Post
    Hello, I am interested in doing an NVQ Level 2 in refrigeration but I am not currently employed in this job role. I have a small amount of knowledge of the industry as I have been a ductwork installer for the past 8 years.

I am moving to australia at the begininng of 2012 so I was hoping to study during the next year to get myself as qualified as possible in my spare time (evenings and weekends). What is the best way of achieving this without being employed by a refrigeration company, please can anyone help?????? I live in the south of England

Anything would be great cheers.
    Hi Mate how are you getting on? Please contact me if you can i think we might be in the same boat.

Thanks.