Fixitrod Guest

Cool Kenmore compressor won't start and TBSing broke the fan?

I am trained in RHVAC but wanted experience so when neighbor told me about his broken fridge I jumped at the chance to "fixitrod"
    I was TBSing a Kenmore25359683991 which has power and the condensor fan was running but the compressor won't start. I can't hear any clicking, humming or attempts to start. Windiongs are good on the compressor RC:2.6, CS:3.2,RS:5.6. A little low I thought. When I removed the cap and relay it just feel off and i thought maybe it was loose all the time so just putting it back on would be worth a try. I was a little confused about the direction to reinstall and it seemd to fit either direction. So I reinstalled it and went for a start up...nothing happened. After a couple more reinstallations the fan stopped running. I
    Found a schematic stuck behind the back panel and saw same picture that must be generic with the compressor wiring showing OVL/Comp motor/PTC and *RuN cap is only used in some P.T.C. models...u know the one. It shows L-m to run windings and s to the start windings which must be the relat(ptc) and the "cap" is what I keep flipping.
    Did I blow something by doing this?
    It looks like the relay is wired into Blue and Red and the cap just plugs inj. I am pricing replacement parts to see if I can get this fridge to start.
    Does this sound as if enough TBSing has been done. Customer mentioned that "coldness decreased ..he tried to reset temp and then got a little improvement. I thought maybe overload due to low RFRG but can't check coolness of suction because not running. Maybe defrost circuit malfunctioning. Before I spend his money on the cap and ptc any suggestions???

Re: Kenmore compressor won't start and TBSing broke the fan?

Hello Fixit.
    Is your thermostat working ?