Cool Aussie Aussie Aussie

Hey,,no need to remind all my fellow Aussies that tomorrow is AUSTRALIA DAY.
    The time to have a beer and a bbq.,,,,isn't that normal?
    Have a good one.

Remember we are here for a good time, not a long time.
    Trust me i'm a Fridgy.

Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
    Hey,,no need to remind all my fellow Aussies that tomorrow is AUSTRALIA DAY.
    The time to have a beer and a bbq.,,,,isn't that normal?
    Have a good one.
    Of course it is!! Going to be a fine day as well here, a few flies and mosquitos mixed in with bangers and beer. Was going to sleep in but have a small job on split a/c to do first up...Mike
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

hi to all our Australian fridgys, have a good day, hopefully i will be celebrating with you next year in perth. fingers crossed. i've got my assesment the end of feb.

Perth's terrible
    I might get time to do my taxes and paperwork, then of course have to work all next W/E as I've lost a day in the middle of the week.
    Or maybe spend tomorrow fixing all th a/cs of my friends and family.
    Being self employed is great because it's just part time work in spring and autumn, have all the days off you want. But in summer, there's no time off. I've got a months worth of work and serious amount of chasing up to do.
    Last edited by paul_h; 25-01-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Hi Paul,
    we went to perth last year and loved it, never been anywhere else in oz so i dont really know what else is out there, any info would be great, pm me if you got time i have a few questions you might be able to help me with. thanks Kev

Kev The Tool
    Perth's ok but Brisbane is better.Perth can get hot if that's what you like.Most GB imports find it too hot.
    pm me if you have questions.
    Lawrie
    Remember we are here for a good time, not a long time.
    Trust me i'm a Fridgy.

But brisbane is under water
    Least it will never flood in perth

Perth is hot in the summer months, a few heat waves of 40C going on for 3-4 days occur. But more normal for ~32-36C days.
    Lots of english here that seem to survive OK. Nearly every electrician I have worked with was english and lived here for a long time OK.
    Doesn't get cold here either, rarely 2C a couple of times at dawn, most of the time winter is 10C min to 17C max.

Housing is too bloody expensive still though $350K for a dump in some unpopular or far away suburb, same price for some coastal country town house hours away from perth too, a decent place is over $450k+, so I'm hoping to leave WA soon
    Last edited by paul_h; 26-01-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_h View Post
    But brisbane is under water
    Yeah, "apparently" we're under water.

Definitely one of the more exaggerated events of the year. On the plus side, there were enough places that really did get a bit wet to keep us busy for a while

One of the best parts about it is the number of units being sent to us that were 'written off' by experts as being uneconomical to repair. Half a day of labour and a few cheap parts and the machines look as good as new - clean and sparkly and all! Not sure why the experts think that because a hermetic compressor and associated refrigeration system went under water it must be destroyed.

Hey RK, I remember you from whirlpool. I did a /rage quit from there recently as I given up on them entirely. Nice to see you still check up on us here.
    trying to get this little subsection up off the ground for local talk http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...php?groupid=14

edit: Ended up doing sparkplug, oil and filter changes on my BA work ute and old EL weekend sedan, giving them a clean out and wash, tidying the shed, trying to grow some lawn with watering and chucking some seed in the ground, repotting some tomato, chilli, capsicum and
    other seedlings into small pots to move outside.

I went out and tried to buy some beer. About the only cheap domestic beer I will buy is coopers pale ale, everything else is either crap or a micro brewery that is too expensive (or both, crap beer that costs too much). But they were all sold out of coopers.
    So I bought hollandia. Hey it has a lot going for it, it's not german, english or NZ beer, the dutch have never done anything wrong and they actually discovered WA.

I don't know the exchange rate off hand, but I think the horrible mega lager, bland, offensive crap here is au$40+ for 24 x 375mL cans, they keep raising the price as they lose market share to keep the profits up. So I either buy coopers, where their price has been fair and steady around $40, or buy cheap euro beers for less.
    Last edited by paul_h; 26-01-2011 at 05:02 PM.