tomf Guest

looking for advice

hello all new to site so bear with me.
    my question is I have a new system in a brand new facility that is about to go online in the next month. It is about 4000 tons so I am told. I am also told that is a "flooded system" This term I am not to familiar with.I may know this as something else? I will be receiving formal training on this system after it has officially been commisioned. My backround is 23 years experience in commercial refrigeration mostly straight dx systems up to about 100 ton, some chiller experience A/C blah..blah. I am pretty good at figureing most things out but the longer that I do this the more that I realize how much I don't know.
    some specs that I have either observed or have been told, so if some things don't sound right I have not verified all info:just under 4000 tons,7 GEA/FES screw compressors 350hp up to 850 hp open drive,170 evaporators,complete computerized control with remote access, two refrigerant temp ranges +35 and +19 degrees, approx 235,000 pounds of r-134a(not my first choice) 2-evaporative condensers and nine refrigerant pumps of various sizes to move through miles of headers. this system seems very simple in layout although pretty daunting if looked at as a whole. what is the learning curve from my past to a system of this type? what are some things that I should look out for? I know that I am asking a lot but any Information would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Re: looking for advice

Sounds like the plant is in an highly populated area, maybe they are worried if there was a NH3 leak, so chose R134a.
    I would describe as "pumped over feed system"
    Main concern would be pump cavitation, which could be relate to the speed in which you load up the compressors (to fast will cause bubbles in low pressure pots) apart from that standard refrig isues, moisture, non condensables, the software.