Equipment Balancing

Hi to all,

I am new here and wanted to ask for help so that I can learn some basics with regards to selection of equipments.

There is this one project in our company (I am new also and is being trained for refrigeration) which deals with selection of refrigeration equipments for a processing area. I used a chandler refrigeration load calculator and got some idea on what equipments to use. The room temp of the area should be 50F and the RH should be around 50-65%.

I am just concerned about the capacity of the condensing unit that is being offered by the software since its capacity is 67,778 BTUH while the suggested Unit coolers (2) only have a capacity of 24,000BTUH per unit. Therefore I only get 48,000 BTUH from my unit coolers will that be enough to meet the required room temp and RH?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Equipment Balancing

Hi edcm,

A natural equilibrium will be obtained. The condensing unit will give less capacity than the one indicated and the unit cooler will give more.

Make sure the equipment capacities you mentioned are given for the conditions you wanted.
    To make progress is never good enough, I want to do better and better and better