happygolucky Guest

Smile Maytag GZ2626GEKB Fridge/Freezer damper question

I am hoping someone can advise me in respect of a problem with the above Maytag appliance, it's model number is GZ2626GEKB.

The air control damper has begun to make a terrible noise when it is closed. The damper is operating correctly to open/close and is keeping the fridge and freezer at the set temperatures. When the damper is open it is silent, however after closing it seems like the small motor is continuing to run and sounds like drilling a wall with a hammer drill. Not nice!!!
    I think i simply need to obtain a new damper, but i wondered if there might be a fix. I understand this is a common problem with this type of appliance.

Thanks for reading this post.
    Brian

happygolucky Guest

Re: Maytag GZ2626GEKB Fridge/Freezer damper question

Hi,
    I see that my post has not had any views, have i made an error when submitting the question and put it in the wrong place?
    Many Thanks
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by happygolucky View Post
    Hi,
    I see that my post has not had any views, have i made an error when submitting the question and put it in the wrong place?
    Many Thanks
    Brian

Hi Brian,

I think its just that nobody who has seen your question knows the answer to it!

Jon

motor is faulty no repair can be made just replace it, quite common on maytag f/f's