Kiwis and snakes

A big thakyou to our neighbours across the trench for their help,,,sorry about the snakes.
    Lawrie

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...-in-qld-floods

Remember we are here for a good time, not a long time.
    Trust me i'm a Fridgy.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Kiwis and snakes

Good one Lawrence, I liked this quote from the article..

"There are no snakes in New Zealand so these poor blokes are pretty spooked by it all and the Aussies are taking every opportunity to tell them as many scary snake stories as they can," he said with a laugh.

I really hope that things improve and turn out OK for everyone.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

They also have giant spiders. When I was in Brisbane there were two Huntsman spiders that chased me out of the room just for looking at them. In Sydney I got bit by what I thought looked like a Daddy Long Legs Spider in the shower. In the past week I had to get the wife to get rid of a Huntsman in the shower and another in the hall last night. As you could imagine I am now terrified of Spiders and will run like the wind if ever I saw a snake. Yes I'm a kiwi.

Hi Tesla.
    I know what you mean, those huntsman things, are those things the size of a dinner plate, and have a real bad attitude.
    As for snakes...., the best ones are those on the BBQ like those yarpie sausage things. Coiled up.
    But must admit I did come across an Avondale spider while under a house, the drill case set, did the damage, with its legs sticking out the side.

Two of these live around the outside of my house.[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]http://bugfreak.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/spider-eating-bird-01.jpg?w=400&h=518[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

OOPS, didn't work?!!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    OOPS, didn't work?!!
    Nope. But speaking of birds and spiders reminded me of this picture

Only the dogmatist says he will never change his mind. We all know that some of our opinions are wrong but none of us know which they are for if we did then they just wouldn't be our opinions. - JS Mill.

Thats the one DT..