simon brighton Guest

Help Please - Samsung RL33SBSW

Hi

Upright Fridge freezer - Samsung RL33SBSW

The drawers of the freezer compartment are frosting up, and the fridge is completely warm.

The nice lady, in the Samsung 'support' call centre, has already suggested turning it off and back on again, but to no avail.

This, or very similar, happened a couple of years ago, so I've copied what the engineer did then, which is to remove the panel behind the freezer drawers, and blow hot air up the vent, which feeds cold air to the fridge part. Apparently the pipe can freeze and block the cold air getting up there.

Hasn't fixed it though. The engineer used a 'steamer' rather than his wife's hairdryer, so maybe I need to try that for longer!

Also, I've read somewhere, that when blowing air up that duct, you should feel it coming out of the vents in the fridge, and also the vent behind the salad tray. The air can be felt at the top ones, but not the salad tray one.

Any helpful ideas, would be very much appreciated.

Re: Help Please - Samsung RL33SBSW

Swich off first!!
    There are two vents, flow and return to cool the fridge,one at the top and one at the bottom of the freezer,might be just behind the bottom edge of the evaporator,ice often forms up the vent.
    Hairdryer is ok just don't use any metallic objects to remove ice,only patience!
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Einstein

simon brighton Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spimps View Post
    Swich off first!!
    There are two vents, flow and return to cool the fridge,one at the top and one at the bottom of the freezer,might be just behind the bottom edge of the evaporator,ice often forms up the vent.
    Hairdryer is ok just don't use any metallic objects to remove ice,only patience!
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Did switch it off!

The bottom vent did have visible ice build up, so melted that first. Any idea if I should definately be able to feel the warm air blowing from the salad tray vent, when blowing up the top freezer pipe, or is that the other end of the one at the bottom of the freezer?

Will try again tonight, with the hairdryer then.

Failing that, will resort to the other suggestion of defrosting it completely for 24 hours - shame to waste all the food though...

Simon Brighton, well as a complete defrost fridge has solved the problem?