elmostreet33 Guest

candy frost free freezer freezing up

Hi,, I have a frost free fridge/freezer by Candy. the past couple of weeks I've noticed that the back of the fridge has started freezing up and the freezer itself doesnt seem to be freezing the food throughly. Upon investigatin today I found that the back of the freezer was severly frozen, by that I mean the elements inside the panel that I removed to have a look. Does anyone have any idea what I should do to cure my problem as although I removed as much ice as I could it still doesnt seem to be working properly !! I was thinking maybe I should defrost the freezer and see if that makes any difference. i would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks

nevgee is offline Veteran Poster I am starting to push the Mods: of RE

Re: candy frost free freezer freezing up

Exactly that ..... empty the whole fridge, switch it off and leave it to defrost for a day or so. It will need to be totally clear of all frost. Then switch it back on again.

The problem usually is down to the frost free not being 100% frost free. Therefore over a period of time the defrost doesn't totally clear of ice and residual ice begins to develope, over time this causes the system to work more inefficiently and a spiral down into total ice up.

Be aware not to force the defrost by using tools or implements. allow the defrost to happen naturally. Then you wont be damaging any components.
    Reality is an elusion created by alcohol deficiency. Quaff and enjoy. [Yorkshire, UK]