Hybrid View

undersized condenser

hi all went to a new Condenser installation by our company today aw43lmyb3 1.4kw low temp and found it controlling a muller mnd029 2.9kw . 15mtr horizontal pipe run . found evap iced in morning ,cleared and adjusted defrost settings , later afternoon found evap iced again and maintain max -7c . then found condenser undersized and old tx valve still on 502 require replacement . suction not to bad on 404a

suc/ -20
    dis/ 45 c @ 30c amb.

As this is an incorrect installation is the evap coil forming ice within 10mins a main sign of an undersized condenser not feeding evap , or should i replace the tx valve and possibly get the system to perform ?
    There is other issues with using another condenser
    Single phase unit not available anymore
    no space to install unit as its on a rack and new units are increased dimensions .
    - One of our techs has already quoted this job and now i need to clean mess up quickly ! thanks for any input

Re: undersized condenser

Have you changed old tx valve?

Acura, i would have expected compressor to go out on high pressure with poor cooling performance. Suspect evap icing up due to high load/humidity in room. If suction around 270kpa, system cannot be correctly charged, 502 valve or not. Really only one solution, more condenser needed. Suppose setting up a hose as temporary fix.. mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Hi i was suprised it didnt have higher head press, pressure looked pretty good , we are replacing with 3phase cond , as i put in post unit only rated to -20c 1400w evap 3000watt thats where the mistake was made the young bloke learnt a lesson hard

fit the correct tev and check gas charge and check superheat and sub cooling to see how system is performing

thanks for reply.

returned and replaced tx valve checked unit details further heatcraft only rate the condenser to -20c 1400watts evap is 3kw ! im only getting room temp -7c it cant go any lower . Have organised with company to supply 3 phase and install larger condenser . gave option to replace evap as well . Advised them we made mistake and will rectify they are happy we will resolve it .