vector 1800 stop/start

hi guys

i was looking at a vector 1800 today not switching off on stop/start mode. battery voltage, water temp, amp draw ect all check out ok and ran it for longer than the minimum time periods. it would just cycle between heat and cool as it would on continuous mode. just wondering if there is anything else it could be before i knock it for a processor

cheers paul

Re: vector 1800 stop/start

what temperature was it set for,some have cycling at temps close to freezing point set it on -15c and see what it does,

tried it at -20, +20 and everything inbetween. only thing i can think of is trying a new battery

I'd be trying the cheap battery option first too.
    Are there any auxillaries taking power from the fridge? like a second battery for a tailgate loader?

Check your amp draw. If its above 7amps the unit won't shut down. Fit a yellow top deep cycle battery- standard batteries don't last mate.

I've also had the grey plug on the battery charger cause this fault. I'd recommend cutting the plug out and soldering the wiring.

I had this- the amps look fine but then it starts to fluctuate. If the battery is ok, then I'd definitely cut the plug out and solder the wiring. Even if its just to eliminate it.

Check battery volts, battery amps before and after.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Top_cat; 28-03-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Yes the micro is not seeing the correct battery volts, water temp and set point. Usally carrier does not have issues with air sensors but...... Check your air sensors.

ill try a new battery next week as its just got a black TK one on and hopefully that will sort it

gel batteries should be fitted to these around 700 cca if memory serves me well,lead acid tend to get destroyed with vibration,over here ctc did a recall on a lot of units.

cadwaladr,

problem is my company won't buy the gel ones as the trailer is on contract maintenance so they get the TK batteries dirt cheap and as you said they don't last

A new standard battery will last 6 months if your lucky chap. The cell nearest the positive always drys out first. As cadwaladr said Carrier spent a fortune sorting this issue.

Has to be a yellow top jelly style battery dude
    Last edited by Top_cat; 03-04-2013 at 06:48 PM.

top_cat,

tried new battery and removed the plug on the battery charger, no difference to amp draw, still 8.2amps but i didn't know they were set to shut down at 7 amps so that explains why it won't. but boss told me to just adjust the cut off point to 10amps in the settings, the unit shuts off straight away now but will this cause any problems being set to 10amps?

You will just kill the battery even quicker and (probably) suffer from b/downs for flat battery. you need to find the route cause of the high amp draw not just mask it by altering settings.

setpoint you are quite right also if he puts a tk battery on a unit not desgned for that battery carrier20amp charger tk could be5oamp charger