pcdata76 Guest

HELP!!r-134a thermodynamic property equation

i must write a computer program which calculates the specific enthalpy and specific volume of the refrigerant 134a at a given temperature at saturation and at a given temp. and pressure at superheat region.

i need thermodynamic property formulas for these calculations,how can i find?

I found only the Cp and pressure formulas on DuPont r-134a pdf document(named thermodynamic properties of r134a-SI)

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: HELP!!r-134a thermodynamic property equation

and good evening to you pcdata76, your first greeting on joining seems to be missing...
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Here is something you may wish to consider.

http://www.nist.gov/data/webguide/nist23-7/23dap.htm

and,

http://www.nist.gov/data/nist23.htm

The DLL is already written for this. You just have to write the calls to the DLL from the main program.

This might be faster and more cost effective than developing all of the equation of state routines for the properties desired.

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

pcdata76 Guest

first of all i am sorry to skip the greeting post.
    Thanks for all answers,i made a decision to use refprop library on visual basic.It is very easy to use and detailed.

After you get this completed, please let us know how everything worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pcdata76 View Post
    i must write a computer program which calculates the specific enthalpy and specific volume of the refrigerant 134a at a given temperature at saturation and at a given temp. and pressure at superheat region.

i need thermodynamic property formulas for these calculations,how can i find?

I found only the Cp and pressure formulas on DuPont r-134a pdf document(named thermodynamic properties of r134a-SI)
    Hi pcdata76,

I am interested in generating the thermodynamic properties for refrigerant 134a. Could you please suggest me how can I use the refprop library with visual basic?

Thanks