Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Mycom WA oil pump

Hi Ranger 1,
    I think that you being very astute type bloke, your initial observations between new and old pump bearing assemblies- you would have spotted the groove milled in the old bearing assembly. From an old head/memory there were not any, either lineal grooves or radial ones. Correct me if I am wrong. They were originally ferrous bronze type sleave bearing, possibly the bearing content material content has metalurgically changed with the upgrade coc up. There is nothing like spinning tales to protect from warranty potential costs.

Magoo,
    I don't remember any grooves in old pumps, but have to admit i don't look at them everyday.
    One old pump I had reconditioned has a groove on both sides, as these pumps are bi-directional if you turn them half a turn in housing. This pump is going OK but it has 650 kpa at start of oil circuit, not 1900 kpa like new ones.
    The shaft diameter in new pump is also a little bigger, so not much going for it.
    It would be like a bigger balance piston on a screw compressor, more sufrace area, more pounds per square inch force.

Hi Ranger1.
    I agree, the high pressure and balance piston effect is the problem. With the new pumps is there any mods required for the sweap/blade filter after pump to reduce pressure at pump. Like less plates in filter, just thinking out load. With the extra flutes on new pump rotor it will pump more oil and pressure. I like the idea of spilling pressure to sump to get back to 6>7 bar at pump.
    magoo

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Hi Ranger 1,
    I think that you being very astute type bloke, your initial observations between new and old pump bearing assemblies- you would have spotted the groove milled in the old bearing assembly. From an old head/memory there were not any, either lineal grooves or radial ones. Correct me if I am wrong. They were originally ferrous bronze type sleave bearing, possibly the bearing content material content has metalurgically changed with the upgrade coc up. There is nothing like spinning tales to protect from warranty potential costs.
    Wow Really Mango. I thought you were a VIP here someone who is here to solve things not call me a crook or Dishonest to try and get out of costs. Wow remind me to stay away from your threads. Try and shed some light and get attacked

For the rest of you still interested in moving forward with info

I have attached some pictures of the new bearing with no grove and the old one showing the groove in the e bearing

New bearing.jpg

Bearing groove.jpg
    Last edited by IceMan_4000; 05-03-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    Refrigeration is not just cool, it is my life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12