Quote Originally Posted by cool runings View Post
You see from my point of view, I have an oppinion because I was given free will.
I believe I have free will too - but how do we know we have free will?

Philosophy is word play.
Rhetoric is the art of persuasion - persuading people of some position. The position can either be a truth or a falsity.

Philosophy is different - it is argument and evidence based. And it follows rules that cannot be broken. in other words they are laws.

In physics you have laws such as that energy can neither be created nor destroyed but only converted, transfered, concentrated or diffused.

In philosophy you have the first law - the law of non contradiction - that something cannot both be and not be at the same time. If you say to me you were in Paris all day yesterday and then to someone else that you were in Barcelona all day yesterday you would have broken the first law of philosophy - the law of non contradiction. If you tried to explain how you were in some metaphysical way in both Paris and Barcelona yesterday you would be merely playing with words - the philosopher will not be fooled by your words

Anybody who has the ability can dominate a conversation, if they know how to.
Dominating a conversation versus identifying falsities or inconsistencies in another's arguments are two different things.

Right is right and wrong is wrong, but what is right?
Exactly - and the only possible way of knowing what is right or even whether knowing right will never be possible is to philosophise on the question sticking to or employing the growing arsenal of rules being built by philosophers as physicist stick to the growing arsenal of laws being built by physics.