Hello All,

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I've not been able to find an answer by searching the forums.

I need some advice on choosing an air conditioning / refrigeration textbook.

A few years ago I built a very compact self contained chilled water loop air conditioner for a manned submersible (there was nothing commercially available which would suit our requirements, and the quotes we were getting to have a custom system built for us were well above our budget).

I gleaned most of the information required from 'Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning' by Althouse / Turnquist / Bracciano, manufacturers data and design guides, and from this Forum (Thanks!).

The system has now been working well for several years, however, until the system had undergone considerable bench testing there were still aspects of the design about which I was not 100% confident. This information seemed easier to get hold of when designing large systems for buildings and ships, but for compact low capacity marine style air conditioners it seemed harder to find.

Can anybody recommend a book which has detailed information specific to the design of small systems like this?

Thanks for any help,

James.