thumbsup Guest

Servis M7554-2FF Fridge/Freezer Not working

I have got problem with my Servis frost-free fridge freezer model M7554-2FF. a few weeks ago at beginning of development of the fault, its Min,Med and Max lights started to fluctuate, but both fridge and freezer worked ok. It developed another fault i.e. an excessive fan noise but it stopped by opening the fridge door. Both the fridge and freezer still worked. Eventually noise stopped, fridge and freezer stopped working.
    I kept it turned off whilst enquiring about its repair for a couple of weeks. I have turned it on. The flashing temperature lights at the control panel are stable as set, there is no excessive noise as mentioned earlier, the freezer compartment works ok but the fridge does not work. I have monitored fridge compartment's temperature as 10 degrees C.
    Any advice or help from the fellow members of the forum would be appreciated.
    I am unable to contact manufacture for technical advice or help as the company has gone into liquidation.

Re: Servis M7554-2FF Fridge/Freezer Not working

You may find somone on www.whitegoods.co.uk who can help you

Defrost heater or timer are knackred the noise was the fan hitting ice

as roger says ^^^^ defrost heater fitted loads with same fault

thumbsup Guest

As I have mentioned freezer is functioning satisfactorily but fridge does not get cool.
    There is no noise other than compressor's noise. There is no presence of ice or frost in the freezer. I am a bit confused I thought there would have been ice/frost built up in the case of faulty defrost heater.There is no manual thermostat for fridge I can see! Is there a thermostat to control fridge?

Then it is either short of gas or a PCB fault. Is the compressor running continuasly?

thumbsup Guest

Thanks Roger for your interest in solving my problem.
    The compressor runs on of off maintaining the set temperature controlled by the thermostat. I have monitored temperatures of freezer as -19 deg C and fridge as +10 deg C. It seems to me faulty thermostat of the fridge compartment but I am unable to locate it. There is no rotary temperature control operating the thermostat fitted in most of the fridges. There are only three setting min, med and max temperature indicators at the panel on top of the unit.

thumbsup Guest

I am pleased to inform the fellow members of the forum who have tried to help me that the problem has been resolved. Root of the problem was a non-running evaporation fan fitted inside the freezer compartment.
    Blades of the fan had been catching the fan mounting bracket in turn producing the mentioned noise.The blades were wearing out such a way forming of hooks as results stopping the fan to run.
    The appliance is running satisfactorily now after fixing the fan but it is a mystery how the blades have been catching continuously over a long period as blades were found fitted in a good tight condition over spindle of the fan!
    Finally I would like to thank you all who have tried to help me with the problem.