walthobs Guest

Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

so, 3 weeks ago i replaced a tev on a walk-in cooler evap, r-22, 1 ton which was restricted. all good until today. found pressures 130/ 10 psig ( 35* ambient and no c/u fan cycle control), good amps on comp. high superheat. Disconnected C/U fan and head pressure will not rise. dump some liquid out of liquid line and pressures rose for about a minute suction and discharge then right back down. even my discharge temp of comp. is subcooled 20*+ , my stance is that tecumsah compressor is somehow bleeding inside , if valve in compressor was stuck open than amps would be effected any ideas guys????

Re: Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Hi walthobs - Welcome to our forum.
    Is it possible another restriction has formed? and maybe the system had been overcharged. I think if the valve were faulty in the comp the comp would be hot.

hi
    did you change filter drier.how did you knew that the tev is restricted not the drier you have to check where the restriction is or else you may have a leak.hope that help

Assuming 35 F ambient, the unit is over condensing, and system balance lost.
    By dumping R22 I hope you meant recovered.
    Alternative is moisture in system and TXV has blocked off.
    You should have condenser in region of +35'C condensing and compressor suction in range of - 8.0 'C