Toddfather Guest

Samsung refrigerator?????

I have a small Samsung office refrigerator about 3x3x3 ft square. It's the type where the evaporator is just a mini compartment in the upper corner of the unit which is used as a small freezing portion. The unit works just fine but: How in the hell do thee things work with only one refrigerant line going to the evaporator and no line leaving it? I'm baffled to the extent that I could probably gain access to the compressor and answer the question for myself but thought you guys could save me the trouble of investigating. I'm sure the metering device is integrated into the evaporator butI see no refrigerant path back to the compressor.

Any thoughts? I'm stumped!

Toddfather

Re: Samsung refrigerator?????

hi todd, samsung fridge? cannot say I have ever seen one , but a normal domestic fridge, the liquid line is inside the suction pipe somewhere the suction line ,the liquid pipe enters the side of the suction pipe and has been fed along <inside<towards the freezer box where the liquid gas exits the end of the liquid pipe evaporating inside of the fridge box and along the suction pipe back towards the compressor
    hope this explains the system, sedgy
    Last edited by sedgy; 08-12-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: I should have wrote this in english

you got model number for it

Quote Originally Posted by tonto33 View Post
    you got model number for it
    No need tonto, all domestics run capillary line inside the suction line. Then again, seen some older equipment with capillary running along the outside.. No stress.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

Toddfather Guest

Yup! Cap tube is inside the suction line! Thanks guys, I didn't know anything like that existed since I don't do refrigeration!

I guess you learn something every day

Toddfather