Thread: Top Jobs

Top Jobs

See this

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-50...65045.html?x=0

Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Techs are top

Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Re: Top Jobs

Abe,

i hope this thought keeps me warm at "ten past idiot" when i am defrosting the motor for another day in the life.
    Paul

"KEEP IT COOL"

What a load of s**te..

I expect to see us on the Tony Robinson's 10 worst jobs in history over the Christmas period on C4..

For those that cant be bothered to read the whole article

On our creative and service jobs list, heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration technician is new this year, largely because of its high expected job growth.
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

hmmm,

Maybe we will grow as an industry. Unless refcom get organised we will have too many kitchen fitters installing A/C, but at least they wont know how to fix it.

Sorry, rant over

Lets face it guys

We now have "protection" Only licensed persons can fit air conditioning. Its something we have always cried out about, those cowboys/sparkies/plumbers fitting AC's

Now we have got the market to ourselves.

Heat Pumps
    Look at the enormity of this and the demand over the next 10/15 years.

Play your cards right, this is gonna be a mega and lucrative occupation to be in.

Licenses are given out too freely here. Mainly because plumbers, sparkies, auto mechanics have the lobbyists, unions and governments ear down here.
    No such thing a refrig union, body or board here by fridgies for fridgies.
    Not such a big deal, if you are a repairer, odds are the plumbers, sparkies, cowboys aren't because they can't.
    If you want to install, odds are the plumbers, sparkies, cowboys are only interested in simple back to back consumer wall split systems and not interested in other types or bigger more difficult jobs.

Ha, ha ,

Have to agree with Superswill, working on roof @ -10 is no fun

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Lets face it guys

We now have "protection" Only licensed persons can fit air conditioning. Its something we have always cried out about, those cowboys/sparkies/plumbers fitting AC's

This all well and good. But how will the cowboys be regulated once they've got their F gas. Will Defra be able to afford any form of enforcement? Will ISO be allowed to check historical job notes for strength and tightness test durations?

cowboys will not get their F Licence cos if they do they will not then be cowboys.

cowboys will not get their F Licence cos if they do they will not then be cowboys.

What nonsense. There are training centres pretty much selling the certificate......

I regard that a pretty sweeping statement to make, do you have evidence of this practice or shall I say malpractice?

If that is indeed true then it would devalue the whole scheme altogether and the regulators should be made aware.

Regards

I regard that a pretty sweeping statement to make, do you have evidence of this practice or shall I say malpractice?

If that is indeed true then it would devalue the whole scheme altogether and the regulators should be made aware.

Regards

I know of one company who put it's untrained salesman on a one day special and he passed no problem..

The regulators are aware. There has been a few articles in the trade mags' suggesting exceptionally high success rates on the course is raising a few eyebrows. They are aware but proving it is difficult

Isn't it the same with all these courses though. Supposed to be for the betterment of the industry but in reality they're a moneymaking racket.

We had the same situation over here in Ireland when they were "regulating" the heat pump industry in order to avail of grants. A three day course where I had to correct the instuctor on the information he was teaching on about 7 occasions before giving up. Informing my examiner that he was wrong when he corrected me on the operation of a TEV (he was a chippy) and doing all this in an environment where 95% of the class were as clueless going out as they were coming in.
    All passed.

Chicken and Egg.

I want to be HVACR engineer, but to become one you have to have some sort of qual (Fgas in the Uk).
    The course is made that simple that every one passes.
    "O" i have my qual, i am now good enough into the real world and do the job, no body is going to question me, why? I have the qual. can not be a cowboy!!
    I do not think so?
    How is this to be resolved, it will not.

I cannot remember one electrical question in the F-gas, which is understandable, possesion of the 2079 does not make anyone a qualified fridge engineer an NVQ does, a qualification that could be greatly improved.

What qualifications/experience do lecturers need?

Cheers and Happy Xmas to all.
    Tutto il Mondo e un Paese

Harks back to an earlier discussion about trade registration, but if the powers to be give out certificates as if M & M 's then we as a responsible trade we have no chance.

2079 is a load of old cobblers imo, a 1 day course that consists of a gas handling test a brazing test and a multiple choice 'exam', if you fail come and sit it again until you pass.
    most cowboys in the game can braze and add gas to a system, and also have a stab at a 1 in 4 question, surely a proper qualification would include some sort of fault diagnosis or at the very least something you cant just pick up on the day and pass with. 3 yrs i went to college to learn this game, some pipefitter gets a job, passes a one day course and now in the eyes of the law hes just as qualified as me.

aye right

Why do people assume 2079 is a qualification?

2079 is not a qualification. It is a test that ensures you carry out proper procedures when charging or removing gas.

If you want to be a qualified frigie then do an NVQ.

In future there could be a law that states that you must have a NVQ if you want trade protection and Licensing