I am currently working on a project to re-commission a large propane refrigeration plant, the system is used to remove liquid condensate from natural gas prior to going out to commercial supply.
The clients process engineers have requested that the saturated evap temprature be raised to -5 centigrade from its design operating condition of -30, as this is sufficient to achieve supply line specification.
There is a flash economiser in the circuit and I was wondering what the effect on system operation would be (good or bad) with its continued use under the new operating conditions. A subcooler is also fitted down stream of the economiser, this would reduce alot of evap flash gas and with the higher evap temprature liquid sub-cooling wouldn't be as important anyway.
I have already advised the client of possible condensing capacity issues with the proposed changes, if anybody has any previous experience in this situation or can offer advise on any aspect of the system operation I would be very glad to hear from you.

Cheers Gerry.