Thread: Please Help!!

pastoray Guest

Question Please Help!!

Hi, I am a pastor and our church operates a food pantry. I just purchased a Hobart Q@ 2 door freezer. At the Place where I purchased it 3 hours away it ran quietly. We had to lay it on its side to get it through the door of our church kitchen. I know about not plugging it in immediately. About 36 hours later I plugged it in and when I checked the next morning the temp was 6.4 degrees f. The only problem is the freezer runs so loud you can't stand it. I am sure it was quiet when I heard it running when we purchased it. Can someone give me an idea what may be wrong>

Re: Please Help!!

hi pastor, it could be a fan blade loose, or bent ? you could ask the man from the shop to call in to give you some advice? all the best , and remember all past fridge engineers are in heven cos its too hot in ell for them

trampus Guest

check your condenser fan blade it is proberly catching on the guard or a mouse has got caught up in it.

I am sure that among your congregation, there must be someone who knows a bit about fridges,

It will be much faster and safer if you get some local help in this matter.

The following are the things of importance to check when a unit makes noise. Please note that I have not arranged them in any order of importance as such.

1. Condenser fan motor if it has one.
    2. Evaporator fan motor if it is a frost free unit.
    3. By laying it on the side you might have caused the spring moutings inside the compressor to loosen or get out of position resulting in the compressor block knocking against the compressor crankcase.
    4. The simplest scenario is you might not have adjusted the unit's mounting legs properly resulting in vibration.
    5. You might have forgotten to remove shipping tape, kaylite, etc

The list could go on. I always think that it is normally a simple thing as opposed to the hidden complicated ones.