Thread: Please help

GTOWN Guest

Please help

Good
    Please can anyone assist me,iam studying Refrigeration,heating and Air conditioning and as part of my assignment.i have been given an assigment to install a cold storage room in a supermarket to be used to store meat products.
    Customer's requirement of the room are:
    Length Width height
    3m 2.5m 2m
    The supermarket is located in the south east of England and the ambient store temperature is maintained at 20 degrees celcius.

i have suggested a Vapour Compression System.please assist me with the following
    1.Use experimental data from manufacturer to analyse the system and component performance for the system.(Vapour Compression)
    2.Calculate the heat load for this installation.Make clear in your calculation the design data you are using.
    3.Size and select refrigeration plant that is suitable for dealing with the calculated heat load and the other demands of the system.use manufacturer's website to provide evidence.
    4.Per form calculations that will lead to a detailed plant and equipment selection to produce commissioning specification and schedule.
    5.Justify the decision you have made in selecting plant and designing the system

Kind Regards
    Given Makombe

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Please help

Is there a question in there somewhere?

Are you wanting us to perform your calculations for you? I don't think that that is right, you should be able to complete this on your own..

Publish your results and people will be pleased to comment on them.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

You should ideally be seeking guidance from your lecturer, thats what they are paid to do, have you got Principles of Refrigeration by R. Dossat, its all in there, the internets great but you cant beat a good book!

Cheers
    Tutto il Mondo e un Paese

Are you at Willesden? Sounds a lot like one of their assignmants. All the info you need to begin the assignment is in your text book and your class notes.