would you recommend a Samsung?

I've been having problem with my current
    fridge freezer for almost 2 years having had two replacements. The manufacturer has now decided to give me a full refund through the original retailer as a credit or refund.

I chose to go for the credit and have ordered a Samsung RL44ECTB.

Reading different reviews I get a mixed impression of Samsung when it comes to refrigeration so my question is, are they a safe buy?

Re: would you recommend a Samsung?

samsung are very good for refrigeration yes they did have fault with the rs21 etc but they did sort that problem out and offered free repairs to them units.. not had much fault with newer appliances so yes i would and do recommend Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by tonto33 View Post
    samsung are very good for refrigeration yes they did have fault with the rs21 etc but they did sort that problem out and offered free repairs to them units.. not had much fault with newer appliances so yes i would and do recommend Samsung
    Thank you. After two years of a very noisey Siemens I'm a nervous wreck about getting another fridge freezer. Siemens admitted a fault with all previous appliances. That aside I think Siemens make top class stuff and their customer service is second to none.

I hope Samsung are as on the ball as they are.

Thanks for your reassuring reply.

not sure I would. looking at the work load over the next 4 days we have 2x RL38'S, under 12 months old with compressors gone, 8 x RS21 with various faults, 14 x RSH1 ( the ones they made after the famous faulty RS21) also with various faults. Also 23 Beko, 21 Hotpoint and Indesit and 2 Bosch. Speaks for itself. All I would say is don't buy a frost free.

Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    not sure I would. looking at the work load over the next 4 days we have 2x RL38'S, under 12 months old with compressors gone, 8 x RS21 with various faults, 14 x RSH1 ( the ones they made after the famous faulty RS21) also with various faults. Also 23 Beko, 21 Hotpoint and Indesit and 2 Bosch. Speaks for itself. All I would say is don't buy a frost free.
    I guess then it's pot luck. I've had three Siemens in under 2 years, all with the same problem.

I know a chap with a 12 year old BEKO fridge freezer and although the LED lights stopped working long ago, it still works.

The Samsung comes with a 2 year parts and labour. I'm going to have to take my chances.

while we're here, assuming I'm outside of the guarantee period and the compressor went, how much would it cost to replace a new compressor?

Compressor exchange will be getting on for almost £200.00

Quote Originally Posted by [LEFT
    spimps[/LEFT];211392]Compressor exchange will be getting on for almost £200.00
    in which case I guess an extended warranty for around £120 giving 3 extra years (5 in total) is worth the money.

I just don't want to get caught out. I thought I was going to lose out with Siemens but they've made sure I won't lose a penny which is good of them considering they could have deducted an amount for the two years use I've had out of their three different machines.

It took me an age to scrape together the money so I hope and pray the Samsung will give me a few good years.

it arrived yesterday. When running it is louder than the Siemens yet less noisy being that the noises coming from it aren't abnormal. That aside the build quality is nothing near as good as the Siemens was.

And all that aside, I really don't care as long as I get at least 10 years out of it before it blows.

Thanks to all who gave some input.

pamelamcmahon Guest

please help i have a samsung rs21 and i moved it out today to paint behind it and when i moved it back in it stopped working the lights are still on and the temputure is showing freezer 3degrees and fridge 12 and now there is a loud popping noise ??? please can any one advise me if i can fix it or do i have to buy a new one it is about 5 years old ??

put it in test mode and tell us what error code you get