Thread: Capillary clog

Smile Capillary clog

hello, i'm made aria..
    i wanna asking about capillary clog...
    When composition test, this foreign material consist of iron, copper, zinc and niobium....and the amount of niobium is the most from all material..
    Can you give me an advise for this issue? what material is that??

Thank you...

Re: Capillary clog

Niobium according to answers.com is used for high grade structural steel, not my area to investigate composition. Drier fitted before capillary should have prevented blockage.

drier is already fitted before capillary, but still have clog case...
    what do you think about decomposition R134a in high tempearture? is possible to causes a niobium..but i read some reference, both of element have a same characteristic in high temperature..

Quote Originally Posted by madearia View Post
    drier is already fitted before capillary, but still have clog case...
    what do you think about decomposition R134a in high tempearture? is possible to causes a niobium..but i read some reference, both of element have a same characteristic in high temperature..
    O.K, first i have to know your application, as in fridge/freezer/automotive/air-conditioning or commercial.. Mike... P.S. If your having this amount of debris, than there is some serious issues regarding system opperation now or or in previous function.. Mike.

in refrigerator....
    until now, i still focus to solving this problem, still analyze...
    commercial?? may be yes may be no...hahaha just kidding...
    ok thank you...
    i will ask you again if a have some question...

The niobium seems somewhat odd to be there, particularly in that high an amount. I have rarely come across it in refrigeration, only occasionaly mentioned as a high end metal surface treatment etc. This seems contradictory to a system with a cap tube (low cost). Are you sure of the metals analysis ? Could someother element be interfering and give a false niobium value ? Do you have more of the material you could have analyzed by a different lab ? Sorry but more questions than answers at this point. The rest of the metals seem more typical of what would be expected.

some time i got same problem
    i will done replaced new capillary or vacuumed perfectly and replaced filter/drier every time

I already check the composition of compund that formed in capillary..This compound consist of iron, copper, zinc and niobium..and the most quantity is niobium..
    I think is impossible if we change the drier every time...there are too much cost..

Until i'm not sure what material is this...but when R134a decomposition in high temperature, it would be formed HF ( Hydrofluoric acid) same with niobium, formed by hot temperature and concentrated HF...

Are you have some references for R-134a FT-IR test?? may be we can share about this knowledge...

but sometimes, if we unplug the refrigerator from power supply (off) for a several times, the foreign material will be loose instanlly...
    any advised???

hi fokes just to add to your posts i have had quite alot of bottle coolers what have blocked up becos of a leek ended up scraping it becos of cost,to the customer,drier changed and all what can be done, done the block come from the evap,?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeref View Post
    Niobium according to answers.com is used for high grade structural steel, not my area to investigate composition. Drier fitted before capillary should have prevented blockage.
    drier is not for blockege but moisture,so i believe

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    drier is not for blockege but moisture,so i believe
    Not just moisture, considerable amount of debris as well,.. than again, depending on quality of drier.. mike.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

clog happened in capillary clog at drier outlet.....not in evaporator...i already check it....

in capillary tube, formed foreign material, the color is white...and make diameter of capillary is smaller than the original...

clog happened in capillary clog at drier outlet.....not in evaporator...i already check it....

in capillary tube, formed foreign material, the color is white...and make diameter of capillary is smaller than the original...
    Is the drier a small copper solder type?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

yes...the drier is small copper soldering...but now we use lockring in capillary pipe - drier connection....

yes...the drier is small copper soldering...but now we use lockring in capillary pipe - drier connection....
    Than the white coating inside the capillary is drier contents broken down into powder. Have this happen on poor quality products, on systems running high pressure and temperatures, and on portable refrigeration using copper driers, the constant rattling eventually breaks down contents.. Mike.

i already check the composition of molecularsive in drier,,is not match with the composition of white material in capillary pipe...

i already check the composition of molecularsive in drier,,is not match with the composition of white material in capillary pipe...
    Than this is something i have not come across.