Ian.Mouat Guest

Brandt CFA361XU fridge freezer problems

Hello there, I was wondering if anybody would be able to advise me on how to repair a problem I am having. On a Brandt CFA361XU fridge freezer the freezer compartments start to defrost and the fridge starts to warm up after 4-5 days. During this time the panel lights flash orange and green. Anyone have any idea what the problem may be? thank you in advance

Re: Brandt CFA361XU fridge freezer problems

After 4-5 days? Not familiar with that model but it sounds like it could be stuck in defrost mode, and the flashing lights could be an alarm indication that the compressor is tripping out on high temp. Check the defrost termination stat, and then check if the defrost timer is stuck in the defrost position.

Ian.Mouat Guest

Well ive just checked it again and also searched the model online and there is no automatic defrost although it was not something i had thought of. thanks

expertcare Guest

With this model, if the fridge and freezer stop working together and the compressor is running then it is short of refrigerant. if the the compressor fails to run, the compressor may be bad or the system may be blocked. clicking sound may be heard from compressor once in a while, this is an indication that it is struggling to start and if this the case, the compressor will be warm to tourch.