Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
I consider delta-T to be the best indicator of airflow. In this case 36C-20C=16K dT. I would consider this (borderline) sufficient.

The cond TD would be 33.5C-20C=13.5K TD, which would indicate a normal load, given sufficient airflow.

As you point out, the SCT should be higher than leaving air. This could be due to the timing of the measurements or instrument error.

In any case, if there is insufficient heat load picked up on the low side, we should expect insufficient heat load to be rejected on the high side (low TD).
At the moment since the condenser's air is leaving at about the same temperature as the saturated condensing temperature we would not know how much under normal the volume flow is. That's m³/kW norms versus this system.

Much of the confusion here comes about because this system is for a fresh air application and is a heat pump.

I have attached an image of the sort of configuration we normally use for 100% fresh air systems. The condenser is located in the exhaust air stream. There is also an adiabatic heat transfer plate heat exchanger...

Oops, suddenly I am unable to upload images from my computer? The facility has gone blank?