lalshajan Guest

HVAC - VRV Design

hai to everybody
    can anyone tell me how VRV System designed?
    how the water balancing can be acheived?
    please clear answer required

Re: HVAC - VRV Design

you dont use water on vrv unless water cooled condensers
    VRV= variable refrigerant volume

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

They are designed with care.

Documents here for download and reading...

http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/d...w.asp?sec=docs
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Eng.SOS Guest

Hi, VRV systems uses R410 , which is environmentally friendly and it's a mixture of three refrigerant. An excellent system it is but it's not applicable to use in Tropical Areas because at high temperatures R410 return to it's original state -3 gases-and loses it's properties.
    Note: VRV system control the Tempt. of space by controlling the volume of the refrigerant reaches that space

AusMech Guest

Kind of compare it to a chilled water system where water is distributed to multiple units via a supply and return header large enough to supply all units but also only one if required. But in this case refrigerant is supplied through a liquid header to multiple (ive seen about 80 heads off only 2 condensers) units and then returned via common suction line. It is because of the variety of loads (one unit or all) that the compressors are normally inverter (multispeed) and some times 3 or 4 compressors per condensing set. Normally a pulse type feed to head units (solinoid valve) so each head can ask for as much or as little liquid of supply header as requied my its own temp controller. Some VRV units have a third line to all units. This is usually for reverse cycle so some units can heat while others cool. THis is my basic understanding of them. I could be wrong.

pragnesh08 Guest

dear all,
    i am new in this field so i want know effect of condensing & evaporating condition for refrigeration system.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by pragnesh08 View Post
    dear all,
    i am new in this field so i want know effect of condensing & evaporating condition for refrigeration system.
    Please be more specific and also place your question in a new thread in the correct forum section.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

wanshah Guest

Since you are not clear.. if you ask for criteria what u need are.. establish the space requirement and operation hours, then do the heat load, since VRV ( Direct Expansion ) i think you have to know the refrigerant pressure for balancing with appropriate refrigerant type.

The VRV commissioning - as any other system, has bunch of procedures that must be fallowed. But if not installed correctly.....