Angry Gauge Manifold Sets

Does anyone know of a mainfold set with a pressure relief valve or similar over pressure protection.

We have a safety guy who has figured out quite quickley that the first thing to go if you fluid lock the thing is the borden tubes.

I maintain that if you can't do the job properly then don't touch the equipment.

But in this litigation rich world........

Derek

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Gauge Manifold Sets

I think that you would have problems fitting a pressure relief to a gauge set; for instance - where would you place the discharge tube from the relief valve ?

Most of the kit that we all work on has pressure sensitive shutdown devices that should prevent dangerously high pressure ever reaching your gauges.

Also, do you have two relief valves, one for the low pressure side and one for the high ? The list goes on.....
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Unhappy Re: Gauge Manifold Sets

Yup

Just advised the team we would need three 'devices' to make life 'safe' from what I can see.

Next solution was to replace the manifold with seperate valves, gauges and safety valves. Then I go to dumping high to low and low to.... oh my head hurts....

I have to assume with the EU PED someone is going to look at two failures safe systems and come up with a 'new' design. Could add non return valves to the vacuum and refrigerant lines too....
    Derek

Hi Guys,

Surely if you had a pressure relief valve on gauges on the low side, the only place you could dump it is into the air in contravention of the montreal protocol. High side PRV you could set up to dump into the lowside but then you would always get someone untrainedm leaving like that and blowing the compressor.

Keep on at the Derek, tell them if they havn't got gas handling **** off and get on with their own job (Obviously in a nicer, more polite way)

Regards

Fatboy

The new electronic version of Testoterm has it (1.000 Euro)
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Thanks Peter

Off to chat to the Testo rep and cost the UK tax payers plenty (again).....
    Derek