Thread: Walk-in Cooler

ajd1550 Guest

Walk-in Cooler

I have a walk-in cooler and just replaced the compressor. I can not get ***** to flow. The pressure will go up to 90 on the suction side and that is it. The site glass shows nothing. Could this be a dryer problem or what else would cause this?

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Walk-in Cooler

And on the discharge side ?

90 of what?

A few more clues as to what you have might help.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

replaced the compressor but not the drier it seems.good one fella
    mmm to beer or not to beer...........lets drink breakfast

took the rubber bung out ?

agree with post # 2 about provding more info ... or maybe calling someone actually qualified . . . no offense

The original poster dropped in without introducing him first and expected and answer with 1 post, even no feed-back.
    The suction goes up to 90...feet.Attach the unit firmly to the ground with big and strong bolts I should suggest.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Screw comp, Phase rotation ? Watched a tradesman do it the otherday, got called to a job I quoted because the comp wouldn't pump...

why do people not change driers/contactors/relays-always take the cheap route and then wonders why it bites them on the a**e.
    was it pressure tested after the change as this could have proved flow though the system .
    introduce nitro through the hi side then observe the low side gauge to see it rise.-as long as the discharge valve is shut to prevent it flowing through the compressor.
    was the system vacced out if so to what and for how long.any backdrop?.is the compressor actually running.why did the previous compressor fail?

So , lets have some more detailed info/background . or if the problem is solved let us know what the cause turned out to be? (unless your afraid to show your fallibility)

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by madblack View Post
    So , lets have some more detailed info/background . or if the problem is solved let us know what the cause turned out to be? (unless your afraid to show your fallibility)
    With a one post wonder I wouldn't bother with any more comments.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I agree with install monkey

changing the drier and contactor is SOP
    some people put a new pot on and find out the contactor is u/s i beg to differ if the pot was u/s in the first place in some cases.
    your only as good as your last job

tcsbill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by install monkey View Post
    why do people not change driers/contactors/relays-always take the cheap route and then wonders why it bites them on the a**e.
    was it pressure tested after the change as this could have proved flow though the system .
    introduce nitro through the hi side then observe the low side gauge to see it rise.-as long as the discharge valve is shut to prevent it flowing through the compressor.
    was the system vacced out if so to what and for how long.any backdrop?.is the compressor actually running.why did the previous compressor fail?
    ..Meanwhile in Greece...
    I'm so sorry to inform you that most time customers do'nt want to pay an extra 15-20 euros for a filter..or a nitrogen system cleaning..
    Customers always want to do the best for them..in the cheapest way though !!!
    Right then is when you try to find other ways to clean up a system for example..or find cheaper quality parts for replacing....

Compressor is on backwards hth.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

why dont u fit 2nd hand compressors just to ensure it f**ks up then,and you can be cheaper in your quotes,really keep em happy,also offer a 15minute warranty too,for peice of mind
    Quote Originally Posted by tcsbill View Post
    ..Meanwhile in Greece...
    I'm so sorry to inform you that most time customers do'nt want to pay an extra 15-20 euros for a filter..or a nitrogen system cleaning..
    Customers always want to do the best for them..in the cheapest way though !!!
    Right then is when you try to find other ways to clean up a system for example..or find cheaper quality parts for replacing....

tcsbill Guest

ok,just a different frequency of communication

theres no logic in fitting a £130+ component and risking that the drier will be ok,and the electrics havent been damaged with handling a siezed/down to earth compressor,after youve done all the hard work,changing a pot and when u switch on and run it,it doesnt perform,then youll have to degass it to fit a drier,maybe a return visit,and it costs you more because the owner is too tight and doesnt know best, its like you ordering a kebab and finding the bread mouldy,you wouldnt accept it,and hes wasted time putting salad and meat on it,only to have to give you another kebab-they need to accept that the fridgie knows best,you dont tell him how to cook,he shouldnt tell u that he doesnt need a drier.

i totally agree i wouldnt eat a mouldy kebeb well maybe depends how drunk i am !!!!!!!

replacing driers, and contactors when replacing compressors is a must !!! it may not come back like a boomerang on the occassion but as many of you are aware it will and not doing this is poor workmanship.
    and fitting a compressor backwards is definatly a no no !!!!! or brazing the capillary into the suction on a compressor how on earth this guy did this i seen once i dont know he must have had a mouldy kebab and not gone straight home.

and if some of you are sat there scratching your heads yes capillary into the suction directly into the danfoss compressor.
    he crimped the suction connection on the pot and f!!!n BRAZED IT.
    and to make double sure brazed the end of the suction up back from the evap.
    YES SCARY AND FU!!!!N BIZZARE what a TOOL.

Thats mad mate